Wiring for Dale's Vboost switch?

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TnVmax

Reaction score
Many years ago, I had bought one of Dale Walker's Vboost override switch kits. This was the "original" type Vboost switch which allows opening the Vboost at anytime you desired, or flip back to stock mode. I had removed it when I did the Stage-7 & Tourmaster. Then a few years later, sold that bike with all of the accessories I had in a box for it.
Now I'm on a 2010, and my son has joined the Air Force & bought his first Vmax, a '88 model.
He however, wants that Dale Walker type switch for his Vboost, so he make is sound bad-ass when cruising the bike nights, bikeweek, etc., then flip it back as desired.
So, Sean Morley happened to have a used Dale Walker switch/controller, & I bought it. However, it also had been off a bike for awhile with no wiring instructions.
Do any of you happen to have those instructions? If so, any way I could get a copy?

I wonder if any of his historical pulls on his website from the internet storage site would have it?

I talked to Dale about that and he said he didn't have any of that stuff left around. I believe this is what you're referring to, maybe the pic will help, altho I doubt it.

Attachments

• 100_3037.jpg
    100_3037.jpg
    129.8 KB · Views: 59
Thanks Dan-O.
Any way I could talk you (or anyone) into finding the 4-wires from the Vboost controller, and what they are connected to on the bike?
Here is a pic of the controller & wires.
DaleWalkerVboostSwitch_zpsdb468cdd.jpg

Thanks Dan-O.
Any way I could talk you (or anyone) into finding the 4-wires from the Vboost controller, and what they are connected to on the bike?
Here is a pic of the controller & wires.
DaleWalkerVboostSwitch_zpsdb468cdd.jpg

The system was on a bike I bought and I never used it but think I can blow the photo and help you. Can you pull the left sidecover off and give me a call? 518/392-4024?

AGH! Just taking a good look at it and there are too many wires that were either not connected when I got the bike or I just can't tell where they go....I disconnected what wires were there and never used it....sorry, looks like that pic is the best info there is. :worthy:

44 magnum on this forum might have a similar setup.

If I can remember or if you want to call I can check my 91 chassis and see which wires had the crimp on fittings (can't remember what the right name is for them). Makes connecting easy since you just slip it over and crimp the junction down in place penetrating the outer sheath.

If I can remember or if you want to call I can check my 91 chassis and see which wires had the crimp on fittings (can't remember what the right name is for them). Makes connecting easy since you just slip it over and crimp the junction down in place penetrating the outer sheath.

scotchlok?

Well I'll be darned....I've been calling them 'stake-ons' for the last 100 years or so!! :rofl_200:

Stay Kon is a brand made by Thomas and Betts. they make all kinds of small terminals under the stay kon brand. Lots of people use the brand name to describe any kind of small crimp or solder terminal. Kinda like calling a refrigerator " the frigidaire" even though its made by someone else.

I just call them "wire taps".
Sean, I'll call you Friday or Saturday to see if we can figure this wiring out.
However, the request is still open to anyone who might an original installation instruction sheet...

Back