Wiring Harness Fuel Pump Relay Problem

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SCMax

Reaction score
I have a 1988 Vmax, the fuel pump relay stopped working. I've been looking for the culprit for some time now. I discovered either a resistor, diode or some other electrical component wrapped up in the wiring harness just forward of the airbox. It appears to have pulled apart, it goes in between a blue/white strip wire and a green wire. When I connect the 2 wires, the pump actuates for a second but then it blows the main fuse. Does anyone have an idea what this component is? I can't find it anywhere in any of the wiring diagrams I have for this bike.
I appreciate any help!

You might find the Vmax Electrical Facebook group and see if there is any info in there (or post the question there). I want to say I have seen that resistor before and not sure it's function.

It sounds like it's a bypass of the fuel pump relay. The green wire goes to the fuel sender unit and the blue/white, possibly, the to fuel pump. The PO might have had an issue with the fuel pump relay and bypassed it so that the pump would always run.

Back