Wiring problem

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

vanmax1313

Reaction score
I have a 91 vmax. While working on it I ended up with 2 wires and I don't know where they connect. 1 wire comes out of the regulator / rectifier which is red into a connecter with a black wire on the other side of connecter. Where does this connect to? 2nd wire is red it is side by side with the other red going to the fusible link 20 amp fuse then to the battery. but I can't figure out where the other red wire goes to. Please help sorry for sounding dumb but I am, I've looked at schematics as well as eBay wiring harnesses and can't figure it out

I have a 91 vmax. While working on it I ended up with 2 wires and I don't know where they connect. 1 wire comes out of the regulator / rectifier which is red into a connecter with a black wire on the other side of connecter. Where does this connect to? 2nd wire is red it is side by side with the other red going to the fusible link 20 amp fuse then to the battery. but I can't figure out where the other red wire goes to. Please help sorry for sounding dumb but I am, I've looked at schematics as well as eBay wiring harnesses and can't figure it out
I just replaced the battery on mine and I can say for certain that I don't have this wire you're talking about.

What it could be, is a line used for jumping the battery as opposed to getting all the way down to the terminals. Just my thought though.

Here's mine. Red to red. Looks like it runs into the main/ ignition harness.
PSA, label each side of each connection somehow. I used a sharpie years ago. Makes hooking everything back up so much easier.

Attachments

• 20220908_210622.jpg
    20220908_210622.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 0
My guess is that they ran a separate wire that went directly to battery for better charging.

First wire is from the regulator. What does it co to next Stator- Regulator- ???? 2nd wire is red and running thru harness next to another red wire that goes red wire- 20 amp fuse- positive battery terminal. but what does the other red wire in the harness connect to?

sorry man I have no idea what I'm looking at in your picture

Back