Wiring upgrade kits for early VMAX

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

texas-ss-tornado

Reaction score
I am working on a 90 model with a charging issue, first thing I'm going to do is replace the wires. A couple years ago, I found a kit on eBay that basically provided better gauge wire for the entire charging system on a VMAX, but now I can't find the kit? Any ideas where I can purchase this upgrade? Any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks!

There are two kits. A heavy duty ground wire kit and a heavy duty starter wiring kit. I purchased both. The maker/vendor is jkvmax on ebay. Think he lives in Sweden. I paid $70 for both at one time. They are sold separately or together. Takes a while to get.

There are two kits. A heavy duty ground wire kit and a heavy duty starter wiring kit. I purchased both. The maker/vendor is jkvmax on ebay. Think he lives in Sweden. I paid $70 for both at one time. They are sold separately or together. Takes a while to get.

I did a search and jkvmax has no active auctions on eBay right now?

I don't see how starter kit would help your problem ground kit might not be a bad idea here is his link I ordered my maxi boost switch from him last year send him an email if I remember it took him a couple days to get back to me

http://imageevent.com/jkvmax

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

I'm just being thorough and doing the job right while I'm in there, I know early models are known for crappy charging systems, and I put this same kit on a previous bike I had, so that's why I'm doing it. I'm sure the next owner down the line will appreciate it!

I'm just being thorough and doing the job right while I'm in there, I know early models are known for crappy charging systems, and I put this same kit on a previous bike I had, so that's why I'm doing it. I'm sure the next owner down the line will appreciate it!
+1, I didn't need to do mine either, but had engine out so it was a easy job to install.
I agree Rollie, it's a nice kit but would be easy enough to replicate for yourself.

I have his heavy duty ground kit....It is GREAT work...and IMHO...better than OEM.

I got one of those Swedish kits for my '86 - took a coupla weeks to arrive down under and yet it is quality! Only thing it didn't come with was the rubber covers that go over the battery and starter poles, but I found those cheap at the local car shop
:)

Latest posts

Back