Wish List... If you WANTED a cruiser

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gnappi

Reaction score
I've owned six bikes in this order, two Honda Inline 4's, two Vtwin Honda's, two V-4's one a Honda Magna (Still have it) and the Vmax I also still have it.

HONESTLY, there are very few bikes I do not like... some I like a LOT, others I don't care. After buying the Max and Magna I started thinking, If I ever
owned a VT cruiser again what would it be?

First off, wants versus needs.

Needs: Water cooling, shaft drive, good brakes (HD OUT of there) and reliability (I do 300-400 miles a week)

Wants: curb appeal, power, maybe saddle bags even though the only bag I ever let on my bike was my ex-wife :)

The ONLY VT I've ridden that I REALLY liked was the VTX-1800. Despite it's negative attributes (big, lumbering, not agile) I LIKE riding them. All the needs above met, and even my wants.

I "GUESS" a bigger, NEW, MODERN Magna like the V65 decked out like a V45 cruiser with proper forward pegs would make my short list too if it existed.

I'd never give up either of my two bikes for a cruiser, but if I could ever swing having all three, I'd do it!

Gary

this is all i could come up with right now.

EFI, water cooled, v4 making at least 125rwhp
6spd, shaft drive
standard foot controls(that way i have the OPTION of highway pegs)
seat heigth to allow me to at least sit flat footed(preferable with a slight bend in the knees) and comfortable bars(no drag bar crap)
definately good brakes
classic muscle bike looks(not this crap they call muscle nowadays)
i like fat tires(nothing really over 240) & ducktail fenders for the cosmetic department

Something heavy and stable enough so a strong gust of wind won't blow you into oncoming traffic.
Comfortable seat.
Power.
Decent handling.
Good looks.
Reliability.
Respect.
Gotta be different than the others. Don't want to blend in too much.
Adequate storage.
Gotta be able to afford it too.

I think all this is a little too much to ask.

I like the raider myself and if I was to ever by a twin I would look at it first. I like the chromed out version over the plain one too.

Sean

I only have one requirement for a bike. That neither Morley or Kloker could break it.

That's a tough bill. If it survives me and Shawn then it's bullet proof.

Sean

Exactly. The cool thing is you look for ways to improve areas of weekness. And, Shawn is good at destroying shift segments.

The Raider hands down! I've ridden 109's and it's the best bike Mattel ever made, best plastic bike you can own. The new Plastic Honda Fury model comes in first?

Anyway back to my statement, the Raider is one very powerful cruiser.

I like it very much.

P4270023.JPG

I personally do not like the looks of the M109R.....at all.....

The Raider.....I don't know......some days, some colors, I like it....other times....I am not so sure.....at least it's original......

The Honda Fury......like the Raider.....I can take it or leave it depending on day and color....it looks like every other semi custom or production chopper out there....put an S&S 100 ci in it and it could have come from any one of a million garage based "custom" builders or a "production" chopper from the big name shops.....no real originality.....

I think if I was going to get a twin....

I have my turnout gear for the flaming that is to come.....

It would be a Shovelhead.......

'Cause I like'em.....That's why

*runs away*

Something heavy and stable enough so a strong gust of wind won't blow you into oncoming traffic.
Comfortable seat.
Power.
Decent handling.
Good looks.
Reliability.
Respect.
Gotta be different than the others. Don't want to blend in too much.
Adequate storage.
Gotta be able to afford it too.

I think all this is a little too much to ask.
And be able to afford it too ?
You just made Santa Shit his pants early LOL.:rofl_200::rofl_200::rofl_200::rofl_200::party:
<<Dave>>

If i were to get a full blown cruiser, i think i'd have to get the Suzuki M109R. Has hp, inverted forks and very good looks IMO. Though i've never ridden one, most say its very comfy...
http://www.motorcyclistonline.com/firstrides/122_0605_2006_suzuki_boulevard_m109r/photo_01.html
Your right !!
I saw a 109 today at the honda dealer, it was a pearl white and it stuck out like a swollen toe from all the other bikes.
It`s definataly a real beauty and very comfortable bike to sit on but it feels heavy.(a totaly different animal than max but nice)
I would to own that one. And it`s verrrry affordable too so, Santa wont shit his pants over it. LOL:rofl_200::rofl_200:
<<Dave>>

Raider is nice but I kinda like the new Triumph Thunderbird.
Different style, I also would look hard at the new Harley 09
xr1200. Yep, I said Harley. The test rider got off the bike
and said he had to look for the emblem cause he couldn't
believe it was a Harley. Probably the only Harley I could
see myself riding.

I'm kinda partial to the looks of the Victory bikes. While I was walking today, I listened to a podcast discussing the new Victory Core coming to dealers sometime soon. Here's a concept pic. Not really a cruiser, but this looks like a hoot.

122_0901_01_z+victory_CORE_concept_motorcycle+.jpg

Latest posts

Back