Wobble

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
No fork air here either. Not recommended after progressive spring upgrade. Thanks for the tire pressure table Dennis. From the wear I see, I think I've run then a little hard at 38-40 psi. I'm going lower this season. How it handles will ultimately dictate pressure I run.

EDIT*** the forks were stock at that point. Now....progressive springs, and dont run air ON PURPOSE....then it was a mistake.

Mine are stock no progressives......yet. ill try it at 5 psi for now and see how i like it. I can always add a little more psi. Whats the max you can run in them?

I bought a set of progressive springs 2 weeks ago for my 98. Only when I opened up my forks, I already had progressive springs. So I can give you a great deal if your bike is (I think 92 and up)43mm front forks. In the box $65 + shipping

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

I bought a set of progressive springs 2 weeks ago for my 98. Only when I opened up my forks, I already had progressive springs. So I can give you a great deal if your bike is (I think 92 and up)43mm front forks. In the box $65 + shipping

My Bike is a 2nd Gen 2015 VMAX

Its a 2006 and wow i think i may take you up on that deal. Im off to bed ill pm you tomorrow.

Switched bikes with a friend today. I was riding behind my bike on his and i was watching my rear tire. Seems to have a wave in it. Thinking it may be part of my problem. Last week i ordered a set of avon roadriders. Fingers are crossed that it will solve my issue.

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

^ Hopefully that's all it is.
A few guys have said they had a high speed wobble caused by a bad rear tire.

Switched bikes with a friend today. I was riding behind my bike on his and i was watching my rear tire. Seems to have a wave in it. Thinking it may be part of my problem. Last week i ordered a set of avon roadriders. Fingers are crossed that it will solve my issue.

Same here, but I replaced with a new rear tire and no change. Wobble still exists.

Here's a video of a run-out test I did before changing the rear tire...

REAR TIRE RUN-OUT TEST

Please keep us informed.

Generally, wobble is caused by a front end problem. A weave is caused by rear end issue.

First thing I would do is check and double check air pressure in tires. When I had a wobble on my 2007 I lowered the brace on the forks about a half inch and it cleaned up the wobble quit a bit. I think the suggest came from Sean but I might be mistaken.

whatever it is, I hope you find it and fix it fast, nothing makes your balls migrate to your throat quicker is a wobble at high speeds.

I've learned by experience that if your head bearings are adjusted too tight, it will cause a low-speed weave also.

Thanks man. That's why I prefaced by using "generally". I've over-tightened bearing torque before and it was almost impossible to keep a straight line.

Mark

So i pulled my wheels tonight because im going to get new tires put on tomorrow. When i went to pull the front wheel axle the side that the axle threads into kind of sprung a little i guess you could say. You kind of gotta tweak the fork a little to get the axle back in that side. I would think you wouldnt want you fork under tension like that.

Should i loosen that fork up when i go to put the wheel back on and see if i can get rid of the tension. Maybe the fork is turned a little. Isnt the a sequence on how to tighten up the pinch bolts for the forks?

Latest posts

Back