Wobble

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well today i went go go change my steering head bearigs and races. Got it apart and they looked damn near brand new. The top race looked like it wsnt sitting down all the way so i tapped the one side down. I think they were changed not too long before i got the bike. Regreased everything. Put everything back together. Did a bounce test. Adjusted and went for a ride. Straight as an arrow up to 120. Not sure what i did but i think i may have fixed mine.

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

Sounds like you got your head bearings a bit tighter than they were before, and now they are helping you forget about whatever is causing the wobble.

Good job. Now go ride!

Jordan

Well today i went go go change my steering head bearigs and races. Got it apart and they looked damn near brand new. The top race looked like it wsnt sitting down all the way so i tapped the one side down. I think they were changed not too long before i got the bike. Regreased everything. Put everything back together. Did a bounce test. Adjusted and went for a ride. Straight as an arrow up to 120. Not sure what i did but i think i may have fixed mine.

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

Good news.

Sounds like you got your head bearings a bit tighter than they were before, and now they are helping you forget about whatever is causing the wobble.

Good job. Now go ride! +1, good news. I grease them up, then sock them down tight ,and loosen a couple of times to seat everything well. Then I'll set them per bounce test and go a bit tighter until I start to get a weave. I'll back off a 1/2 notch at a time until there is no weave.
Steve-o

I've given it some time now, but the wobble is definitely still there. It was VERY bad 3 days ago. I will take a video sometime. There are some places where the wobble is predictable. Seems some days are worse than others. Not sure if wind direction and wind speed is a factor. Bumps in turns and hard acceleration on bad roads are DEFINITELY wobble generators for me.

If I jerk the bars a little back-and-forth intentionally, the bike turns into a piece of licorice... flexing all over badly. Especially the forks and front wheel.

I've given it some time now, but the wobble is definitely still there. It was VERY bad 3 days ago. I will take a video sometime. There are some places where the wobble is predictable. Seems some days are worse than others. Not sure if wind direction and wind speed is a factor. Bumps in turns and hard acceleration on bad roads are DEFINITELY wobble generators for me.

If I jerk the bars a little back-and-forth intentionally, the bike turns into a piece of licorice... flexing all over badly. Especially the forks and front wheel.

Is the stem tight in the lower tree? I know it's a long shot and the thing is pressed in and pinned, but just thinking. Something is loose, cracked maybe a tree? We should be able to punch the bar ends and return to center while riding.
Steve-o

The totally worthless design of the air preload from the factory which makes it impossible to get the same psi in each fork can contribute,and the "furber fix" also helps. I did the furber,racetech springs,emulators,set preload with washers,no more problems,although the preload and furber fix main things

Back