World's Ugliest Car

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fire-medic

Staff member
Reaction score
Now, I have to qualify this: some literal wreck that someone has managed to return to the road, after experiencing serious crash damage, still bearing the damage in-evidence is hereby excluded from consideration. My thread, my rule.

This "car" may be functional, but I have never seen a "blend" of such misbegotten disparate styles, functional categories placed in proximity to one-another so as-to define miscegenation; a bastard of a car that has absolutely no complimentary carry-over from one donor vehicle to the other. It may be functional, it may be fun to drive, but it should serve as an example of wretched design, how not to do things.

The only saving grace this car has, from my point, is that it's probably very fun to beat-upon, because if something happens to it, who cares? Another possible benefit would be to show-up at a Porsche concours, and to park it as-close-to the viewing area as-possible, just to see the Porsche 'purists' recoil in disgust. Somehow, I think if you arrived in this, they wouldn't allow you into the event, even-as a spectator.

So, here it is, the world's ugliest car. I especially appreciate the van-craze aftermarket sunroof, it kinda ties the styling effort together.

It's a rat rod on a custom frame, located somewhere in Iowa. It has a 350 Chevy under the hood, the front end of an 89-95 Jeep Wrangler, and the rear off an unidentified year of 911.

Attachments

• porsche-911-rat-rod-1-1497302351.jpg
    porsche-911-rat-rod-1-1497302351.jpg
    62.3 KB · Views: 66
Last edited:
Is that a grill off a jeep? It's like Monty python made a road warrior movie.

Sent from my SM-G360V using Tapatalk

There are no ugly cars---:confused2:
A man once said the world went and got itself in an awful hurry-try walking or getting into an ugly car.

Here's an actual production vehicle from the Netherlands. Bring $200,000+!!!!

Looks kinda from-the-front similar. I think its parents were a Caterham 7 (Lotus 7 or Super 7) and a Plymouth Prowler.
ClickHandler.ashx

The above post has a Canam spider in it when I saw it - they are not bikes.! Bikes fall down unaided. Tricycles are for children - or those unable to ride due to physical difficulties.

Bet that's a wrap, I've seen similar stuff like that. The use of the wheels of a vehicle to integrate into a totally-different one on the side of the first is a theme that occasionally showed-up during the van craze in the 1970's. I recall one (van) that was a chopper w/a l-o-n-g front end painted on the side, another that was a fire engine with the pump control panel, ladders, and hose all faithfully depicted.

That Smart Car looks better that way than stock.

Were you trying to show a Caterham 7 car? There's one on the same page as this open Rolls-Royce. The two-tone paint of the Bugatti Veyron can be seen in a historic perspective in the Rolls pic. The semi-circle demarcation between the paint colors was a popular scheme on both Rolls-Royces and contemporary Bugattis.

http://barlowinsurance.net/kitcar.php

kitcar10.jpg
And a Prowler:

57934789-770-0@2X.jpg

I actually came across a Prowler this weekend up in Maryland. Haven't seen one in a LONG time in person. I find it refreshing to see car manufacturers sort of go outside the box from time to time.

I would say the Aztec is waay uglier.. this is MY opinion of course.

(no offense to anyone who owns one..or does not think they are ugly) ;)

Attachments

• Aztek1.jpg
    Aztek1.jpg
    25.4 KB · Views: 8
  • aztekx-large.jpg
    aztekx-large.jpg
    22.4 KB · Views: 9
The Aztec has a bad rap. It's -cool- to bash it. What it happens to be is a very useful, utilitarian vehicle with loads of space given its overall size, and economy of operation. No it's not like the Pontiac Vibe, which is based on the Toyota Corolla, in terms of economy, but it's a utilitarian people-mover. OK, not much to recommend it, if you're looking for an R32 GTI, or a RAV4, but if you get one, they're cheap in price and you can drive it into the ground. Plus, available AWD if you live in snow country.

The Aztec has a bad rap. It's -cool- to bash it. What it happens to be is a very useful, utilitarian vehicle with loads of space given its overall size, and economy of operation. No it's not like the Pontiac Vibe, which is based on the Toyota Corolla, in terms of economy, but it's a utilitarian people-mover. OK, not much to recommend it, if you're looking for an R32 GTI, or a RAV4, but if you get one, they're cheap in price and you can drive it into the ground. Plus, available AWD if you live in snow country.
And Walter White drove one.[emoji12]

Sent from my SM-G360V using Tapatalk

The Aztec has a bad rap. It's -cool- to bash it. What it happens to be is a very useful, utilitarian vehicle with loads of space given its overall size, and economy of operation. . .

Totally agree FM..
BUT, this was about ugly..not usefulness.

;)

Tbh..i wanted one back in the day..cuz they looked futuristic back in the day.
;)
Now just ugly still.

an Aztek kinda reminds me of the Grizwald family wagon....

Attachments

• Truckster.jpg
    Truckster.jpg
    17.6 KB · Views: 6
A roomy car w/great visibility & a near-unburstable engine. Good enough for Garth & Wayne. Unique styling more so than the Gremlin.

"Ugly" is a Trablant.

The Aztek is tough to beat, but I would like to nominate the AMC Pacer for honorable mention.

Latest posts

Back