Worth it?

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
http://denver.craigslist.org/mcy/2205691139.html

This might be someone on here? Only thing that is keeping me away is that it won't start since it "only needs a tune-up". What do you guys think?

Hmmm...removing the rear fender does not a 'streetfighter' make, not too sure about this '1300 big bore sleeves,' especially with stock pipes.

He was killing all the sport bikes last summer and now the bike won't start?

Too much money....waaaay too much....I wouldn't touch it! JMHO of course!

I think the guy is a tool honestly. I emailed him with a full breakdown of simple questions and detail on the bike. How long he has had it, have you done a compression test, clean title, just basic stuff really. His response "if you want it come look at it" ...lol

I'm with everyone else... PASS !
Worth what an 85 is worth in non running condition, $1,000 to $1,500 bucks. If he is the type to profess 85s as the fastest edition, no telling what other crap he'll try to feed you. Sad part is, someone will buy it not knowing anything about Vmax prices.
By the way, how does one tell what the bore is by looking at a bike. If he had it bored it would have to have new pistons too and that is probably a bigger investment! PASS

http://denver.craigslist.org/mcy/2205691139.html

This might be someone on here? Only thing that is keeping me away is that it won't start since it "only needs a tune-up". What do you guys think?

Does he have receipts for his motor upgrades ? Exhaust looks almost stock. Who upgrades their motor w/o doing the same to the exhaust ? Wonder if he'll " tune " it for you if you provide the plugs , etc . and get to watch / help / learn ? :ummm:

Sounds like an immature tool who beat on the bike for awhile. Now that it is burning oil and popping out of 2nd he is looking to unload it on some unsuspecting, uninformed buyer.

PASS

I'd pass, sounds like the add was written by one of those douche bags from Jersey shore.

1300 cc engine! Why have one bored out! To me it would be better just to go with the Venture engine swap. I wonder if that is not what he really has. Also I can say this, by reading his ad. I would not come within 10 miles of it. I purchased a bike from the Denver area years ago. The story and the ad sound along the same line as what mine did. Thinking it was a pretty good deal and the time was right to just snag it up! Then only finding out later that it was a true basket case the so called "self tune up!" and save some money. Just run! when you come across things like this..

Gannon

Paid that for mine with 12,000 miles on it, a few years ago. But, I got to ride it first!
Good advise on this forum. Seller sounds full of it IMHO.

Not that you probably haven't heard enough, but I just paid $3,500 for my mint '02 with 19k of light cruising miles. Overpriced, and screams scam/basket case.

The ad does smell of a lttle something.......and whenever I see an ad that says "fast.....no begginers.....etc".....just baiting for a younger noob...IMO

Latest posts

Back