Worth selling oem vmax parts

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rebeltaz83

Reaction score
i bought a 97 vmax, and the po gave me all the oem parts he took off..... is it worth selling that stuff?? or would it be good to keep them so if i ever decide to sell it, i have that stuff to go with it?
i have stock black mufflers
stock windshield
stock seat foam, no cover
stock grab bar

You will probably get more money for the flyscreen and the grab bar.

i was kinda toying with the idea...... i kinda figured the stock mfflers wouldn't be a good seller, seems thats the first mod people do, usually, lol. i just don't want them laying around if somebody could use them. to get a bike running, or if something was damaged in a minor lay down, something like that.

The stock mufflers (especially black) will have value ONLY if they are PERFECT.

The stock mufflers (especially black) will have value ONLY if they are PERFECT.

i bought the bike from the 2nd owner. they are flawless from what i looked at them. they are not drilled, maybe some small scratches from laying around. he bought the supertrapp slip ons black also, lol. he said after he bought the black ones, a few months later they came out with the chrome ones, kinda glad he bought them when he did, or they would be chrome, i like the black ones myself.
i'll take a better look at them tomorrow.

We sell black (mild steel) trapps as well as the brushed (stainless).

ok, just went out to look closer at my stock mufflers, aside from being dusty, and knowing how to find dents with my hands from doing auto body work, zero dents, and just some very minor scrapes from laying around. if they were cleaned up i bet they would look damn near perfect, granted they are off a 97 vmax. i posted them on a local cl ad, asking $150..... i'm not looking to get all i can out of them, but i don't want them laying around if somebody could use them. as with the rest of the parts.

Good luck. Most replace these with aftermarket and the only time i've ever sold them they had to be 100% perfect. BUT, the black are harder to find so you may be able to get em sold!

What do you mean by seat foam? I need all the hardware and frame to send to Sean to do his magic on.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk

I think he means that yellow thingy that sits between the cover and the plastic frame...

Lol, i figured that part. Guess i should have worded that a little better. Want to know it that yellow thingy (foam) is still attached to the plastic frame. In other words, is this the whole seat minus the vinyl cover?

Keep all the stock parts. When you go to sell the bike, put them back on, and sell the trapps and whatever else is replaceable with the parts you have left over. Then you can sell the aftermarket parts.

Bottom line, you'll get $50 for the stock exhaust unless you find someone that absolutely has to have that part. But you might be able to get $150-250 for the super trapps.

You might sell the bike for $3000 just way it sits including your stock parts, but you might be able to sell the bike for $3000 after you pulled your aftermarket parts and then sell the remaining aftermarket parts for $400. Hence you make more in the long run.

So I would keep them until your ready to sell. Heck what if you dump the bike also and damage the exhaust, you will have a clean set of pipes waiting for you.

Todd

Lol, i figured that part. Guess i should have worded that a little better. Want to know it that yellow thingy (foam) is still attached to the plastic frame. In other words, is this the whole seat minus the vinyl cover?

just the foam padding is all i have........ the PO sent it out west someplace, and had it shaved, but they must have used a different foam, but he didn't have the cover. and i'm guessing they used the old frame.

Yea, sounds like the sportmax seat since he just wants the plastic and not the cover or the foam.

I have sold two sets of the black stock 97 mufflers, mine and a friends. (There were 3 97's in my riding group along with a 94, 95, 02, 06 and 09). They sold on eBay easily since they are so rare. Have to be in great shape though.

just looked at ebay for shits and giggles..... your better off buying aftermarket for the prices i saw for stock mufflers...... but yamaha wants almost $1,500 just for the mufflers. i guess if you need it, you gotta pay it.

Latest posts

Back