would it be possible to fit wider tires like hd 48 to vmax?

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ptnov

Reaction score
Hi,

would it be possible to fit tires that look like harley davidson forty eight to vmax to some custom rims? would it even be look good? has someone tried and got pics? :)

Anything's doable with some fabrication skills.

Yes you can go very wide, but you will need a custom swing arm, and also the wider you go the more offset the wheel will be from the center.

Does it look good? Beauty's in the eye of the beholder innit..

Does it handle good? As good as a Hardley, i.e. not.

Are you asking about the front or rear tire? I got the impression you were asking about the front. The 48 rear tire is not that wide. You can get wider on a stock Max rear wheel. On the front tire, can't do it with stock forks. Have to get complete new front end with wider triple trees. Good chance to convert to modern upside down forks...

i think part of the reason the HD 48 looks wide up front is the smaller diameter rim, its on a 16, but it has a 130/90 front tire on it. you can put a 120 bias on a stock front wheel, or a 130 radial on a 3.5" front rim. you could probably pay kosman to make a 16 x 3.5" rim for the vmax too, but that'd probably be big money, but you should be able to fit a 130/90/16 on the front then and fit in the forks. unsure what'd that do to the fender/speedo though.

quick math shows it'd be about 1.29" shorter, and about 8-9% hit on speedo. so it'd actually be closer than a 110/80 radial on a stock rim then.

Latest posts

Back