Would you buy a house right now?

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Would you buy a house right now?

• Yes

Votes: 23 67.6%
  • No

Votes: 6 17.6%
  • Maybe

Votes: 5 14.7%

• Total voters
it's a buyers market.. definitely, if I needed one

Great time to buy if you're renting currently. I would only buy if I sold mine first. I would never do a bridge loan.

Hell yes ! We were checking out a few garage sales sat. AM and there are tons of house on the market right now, and the prices are lower than they have been in years. I would just be careful & not buy beyond what I can comfortably afford. It's nice to be able to go out to dinner on a whim, or to a movie or whatever - can't do that with a monster mortgage payment. Buy low, sell high, as they say...

you would have to be half nuts to go big time in debt now, we are on the verge of depression if things don't change, with the U.S.A. in debt as far as it is we are bound to get ass raped sooner or later.

you would have to be half nuts to go big time in debt now, we are on the verge of depression if things don't change, with the U.S.A. in debt as far as it is we are bound to get ass raped sooner or later.

Not really... with Osama moving into office, they will be giving handouts to anyone in debt (even if it is their own fault) and those that aren't willing to work hard. Might as well buy now.... someone will bail you out, or you can simply go bankrupt and simply start over with very few penalties.

I'd definitely buy if I had the cash. Was hoping to as soon as I sold my 1-bed flat in UK, but now it's impossible to sell in the UK too, so I'm pretty much screwed..

I'd buy if I had the money. It definitely is a buyers market.
But I would buy 5-10 rural acres of land and then build my own house. None of the over priced 100,000 - 200,000 to 300,000 dollar homes with 10 feet of yard space between houses. Here in Florida developers have gotten greedy and cram as many high priced homes on an acre they can get. They are all overpriced condos if you ask me. And I refuse to live in a homeowners association. Frigin lil nazi bitches always run those damn things.

If I needed a house, absolutely. It's a buyers market right now, just like the stock market.

Like I said before, why does everyone run like hell from the store when there's a sale?, and stand in line at the front door when the prices are jacked up through the roof?

And no matter what happens with the economy, it will always recover, it always has and always will.

There's been tons of recessions and a couple of depressions.

But the number of those in which we failed to recover from .....

ZERO

It is definitely a 'buyers market' right now. Heck, we just saw a nobody from Illinois buy his way into the freakin' White House for cryin out loud.

If you were ever in the market to buy your own place, now is the time to do it. BUT, you will have to come up with a bigger down payment than you would have had to have a short time ago due to the fannie mae crunch, and all the mortgage heat going on right now. But if you have the credit score, and a down payment to use, you can get a real bargain with so many houses to choose from.

Saw a Florida home featured on the morning show a week ago, new neighborhood, going for 30 cents on the dollar.

If you think prices are low now, just wait.

i like the part where my house is worth less now than when i bought it october 07, yet the goddamn property taxes went UP?

:confused2:

i like the part where my house is worth less now than when i bought it october 07, yet the goddamn property taxes went UP?

:confused2:
Same here. Glad I dont need to sell at the moment.

I'm in the process of buying a house right now, but I think the contractor is trying to take advantage of me, those bastards. After I picked out my appliances, they told me the total for all of them was higher than what was showing on Sear's website, and they told me I had to pay the $150 delivery fee. I, with nicer words, told them to eat a dick.

HI,
In my humble opnion, home prices have a good 10 to 15% more to go before they stabilize and then start on the way up. Up slowly, but up nontheless, up.

But just just try to get a loan???? Most want 20% down(minimum) and a credit rating of over 700. and that will go up as the economy worsens. No more "lyers loans". All borrowers WILL be throughly checked out. Wifey used to work at WaMu. ( the source of MANY questionable loans ) as the office manager, not a loan consultant, so she saw all the loans and the lack of documentation that was often accepted.

I would only buy for investement in an area with good growth potential...... which is not where I live. ( Reno, Nv) We had a huge real estate growth and overbuilt the area. Now there are plenty of homes for sale, with a years worth of inventory.

ANY TAKERS?????

Lew

noooo.

not cause the market, but my house went up to $350k and I only have 5 more years till it's paid off.

Back