Would you like to see a poll section ?

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Robbarrie

Reaction score
Personally I would like see a poll section on the forum. Nothing in it but polls.

We could have all kinds of questions about all kinds of things. Tires, seats, shocks, windshields, pipes, steering dampeners, speed wobbles, detailing products, polish or chrome, frame brace, plugs, cooling problems and fixes, clutches, insurance rates, riding gear, do's and don'ts, head sets, batteries, brakes and calipers the list is endless really.

But the poll is only as good as it's options you can select when taking the poll.
Some require options, some just a simple yes or no or other. This might help people make a decision based on numbers or not have to post an opinion that may be judged by everyone on the forum.

I will take the O ring issue here as an example:

Do you think the Vmax has a O ring problem ?

OPTIONS:

1. Yes, defective part(s)
2. Yes, it's possible but only if you always ride it hard
3. No, not at all no matter how hard I ride
4. Possible, due to parts defect, improper warming, high rpm, thick oil....ect

Speed wobbles ?

1. Yes, I've had one but has never happened again - still stock
2. No, I've never had a problem - stock
3. No, Bike has had mods to prevent it from happening
4. Yes, I've done mods to prevent it - but has happened again but very mild

It doesn't cover the details, too many variables to mention, but it is a cut and dried answer to many questions we ask about !

One More....

Does your Max run hot ?

1 Yes, but I did some regular maintenance - all is good now
2 Sometimes but I'm not worried about it
3 Never, not even in heavy traffic
4 Yes, had to flush, replace thermal switch, add water wetter, manual fan - no problems now

I think you guys get the idea, the hardest thing about this is asking the right questions ( options ) to get an concrete answer to the question.

I don't think a dedicated poll forum would be needed. Just the ability to post a poll in a thread would be sufficient in my opinion. I think when a forum starts getting too many categories it starts to get to monotonus to find things.
That's just my 2 bits.

Actually the more I think about it, it's probably just one pain in the ass anyway. Plus it's only as good as the number of people placing a vote. If ya only get 10 that isn't enough to mean anything...... ah screw it. :doh:

Back