Wouldnt mind see or Hearing!

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Earlzach

Reaction score
More about the 09's from those who have gotten them. Post and run? you guys are nothing but post teasers. I have never owned a gen 1 so I dont have much to discuss in that department but sure would love to see and hear more chit chat about the 09s who have made delivery. Things like the feel. The long ride Iron butt. Even post up your build number so we that havent recieved can see how far they might be into the 2500. Hell just talk about something.:bang head:

Relax dude!
No need for name calling!
1. Most of the guys that got them are in cold weather climates, at least most of the guys that are members of this forum that I've seen. So they probably haven't gotten as much riding time as they'd like.
2. Those that are riding them are probably out having too much fun to park their butts in front of a computer.

I know when I got my New Max, for the first three months I was out riding every single minute of free time I had. If it wasn't for needing sleep, I probably would have never come home for three months. LOL!

Relax Man... It's all good.
Those that own them will start posting more in Time.

"post teasers" is considered name callin? Sensative!:confused2:
I am not stirring about at all. Just hoping to hear more on the New Gen talk. There isnt much talk about it considering its the lates thing. Trust me I'm relaxed if the only thing i said was "post teasers"
I hope when I get mine I have time to come to the site and talk it up. I meen I am at the right forum.:ummm: Its all good. :clapping:

I got my '09 about a week ago, weather has been hit or miss. I took it out Friday and did about 200 miles. I've had several Gen 1 Maxes including a 1500 Tourmaster. There's no comparison. I have nothing against the Gen 1, to me they are two totally different bikes. The '09 handles like a (very heavy) sportbike, power on demand in any gear. You are not going to be dissappointed. My priority number was 261674, I ordered 6/10 and took delivery 12/20 in Texas

I have been out of town for a week (have owned it 2-3 weeks), so I still have only 450 miles on it.

In the video I posted, the audio doesn't do justice to the sound. It's smooth and strong at idle; it sounds unstoppable. As the RPMs rise the tone of the cylinder impulses changes, not just due to the RPM, but due to the exup changes (I guess) it starts to open up and breathe. Then it growls. This is all up to 5k or so. I really haven't had it above 5k enough to be able to describe it. It sounds a lot like the old Vmax to me, but bigger and without a lumpy idle. It's not very quiet at idle but it doesn't get tremendously loud at the midrange RPMs.

It accelerates smoothly. It does not feel like the power is sneaking up unexpectedly, but I have lost traction without realizing it and once when I didn't want to. At least in 1st-3rd, you can lose traction easily at low rpm. Part of this might be due to cold tires.

It does look much better in person. Most people freak out over it and 4-5 have said flatly "that is the most awesome bike I have ever seen." That includes a formerly sponsored MX racer and a girl with two bikes. Two people other than me have ridden it. One thought it was the best they have ever ridden (the mech who assembled it), the other thinks it will be once it's broken in (he has 3 running bikes and 30 project bikes). I think all the promo pics were taken with a wide angle, nearly fish-eye, lense. The Vmax is distorted and strange in most of those pics.

I am 5'8" and I could flat-foot on the old Vmax. I can't on this one, which would make it seem better suited for someone taller, yet my legs are still too long to tuck my knees under the air scoops. My knees are held out away from the tank, and I can't grip the tank like I would like to, which is a factor in cold weather and handling might suffer on twisty roads.

It has the smoothest transmission I've ever experienced, out of one modern bike and 3 older bikes (all Kawasaki, Yamaha, BMW). It's so smooth I sometimes wonder whether it went into gear, but it always has.

I will explore the limits of this thing very carefully over months. I don't think anyone has discovered the quirks of this thing yet. The greatest apparent threat is loss of traction in a curve due to power. I am anxious to open it up in a straight line.

I am very happy with it overall. Five of 5 stars.

R%20front%20sm.jpg

R%20rear%20sm.jpg

Returning%20streak.jpg

Glad to hear of your experience on the new Max, it really makes me look forward to getting mine, I suspect in about a month and a half. Great pictures too!!

I forgot to add;

#261444, deposit placed June 4th or 5th, delivery scheduled as Dec. 4th but due to a shipping issue I received it Dec 13th.

My experience much the same as posted above. I think the seat could be easily modified to get the feet down or just lower the whole bike. Handling and shifting are what most impresses me so far.

Yeah it has a lot of power but dosen't seem to give me anymore of an acceleration rush than my 93 with Kirkers and stage 7. I know its faster but it feels much the same to me (seat of the pants) in a straight line. That being said it will still develop some power as break in progresses and I havent run it past 8000 rpm yet.

The front stays well grounded. I loved that small block chevy rumble of the first generation with pipes that really made me feel like I was on a hot rod. I will be disapointed if the 09 dosen't capture that when piped. The 09 at an idle sounds a little flat to me but once up to 3000rpm I can hear the old vmax roar even through the silencer.

My knees hit the scoops also. It's a very wide bike up top. I'm sure someone will lower the pegs or move them back in order to drop the knees some. for me the mirrors need to be moved out a little more to see around the shoulders.

Its a great ride!

Back