Wow slow Xmas mail

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KJShover

Proud Vmax lover
Reaction score
You can sure tell its Christmas time. On the 2nd, I mailed my instument cowel to the UK via USPS international priority. It just arrived in LA and was cleared for international this morning. And my headlight assembly went to Canada on the 1st, It arrived in Canada on the 8th.

You can sure tell its Christmas time. On the 2nd, I mailed my instument cowel to the UK via USPS international priority. It just arrived in LA and was cleared for international this morning. And my headlight assembly went to Canada on the 1st, It arrived in Canada on the 8th.

"Tis the season" KJ!

Plus, it seems like all postal workers are required to take a hit of valium at the beginning of each shift, this time of year!! :sleep:

So we're surprised that a government service / agency is way less efficient than the private sector ? Wait till you get free health care !!!:bang head:

I ordered a couple of things from Hong Kong. They were supposed to take less than two weeks each. One arrived yesterday, after a full month. The other has not arrived. Ugh.

Ehhh...I've learned to avoid anything (namely on ebay) that is in China. I've ordered two things that were listed as in Hong Kong. One arrived after about a month(seller claimed a 2 week max time) in a nearly completely destroyed box, though amazingly the item inside wasn't broken. The other time the item simply never arrived. After about 3 weeks I contacted the seller and immediately got a refund, but still a hassle.

This time of year send things UPS or Fedex. For small or light items it costs a little more than USPS, but for heavier/larger items it's usually cheaper and will get there faster. Plus, I have never, not once, been let down by either UPS or fedex. The box always arrives when it's supposed to and in one piece. That's a lot more than I can say for USPS.

This time of year send things UPS or Fedex. For small or light items it costs a little more than USPS, but for heavier/larger items it's usually cheaper and will get there faster.

If your in the lower 48. Last year it cost me $45 to have a watch UPS'd up here from Seattle. Would have been $6 USPS priority.

Thats one of the drawbacks of living up here, no UPS ground. :bang head:

Ah, I see. Ya, that would suck. Guess that's another reason why they say it's really expensive to live in Alaska- shipping costs a fortune.

It limits on the eBaying too. I use USPS priority. others strickly UPS. and you'd be amaized at the amount of ppl who don't ship to Alaska or Hawaii.

I've always found that funny bacause the buyer would pay for the shipping.
There was a few things I would have bought and gladly paid the extra shipping but the ppl were adement about not shipping up here.

When my stock pipes were for sale a couple years ago, I had a guy email me wanting to know the shipping to Tenn. I looked at his profile and saw that he had several items for sale too and of course "congiuous 48 states only" in his shipping. I just politely emailed him back saying "Sorry but I don't ship to Tenn." :biglaugh: The pipes ended up going to France.

i think its fair to list 48 states shipping, but able to provide quotes for others. what morons. if u front the money what do they care? I had people asking about my stock exhaust from NZ and shipping was going to be $400. i didn't care as long as they paid it first.

Its happens all over the world. Shipped USPS priority mail international package to Canada at December 1, arrived abroad december 9 and second day the hold it on customs waiting to be inspected...dohh.

I typically list a 48 states flat shipping price, and put in a note to contact me before bidding/buying for a shipping quote if they are AK/HI or international. I could care less where the item goes or how fast it gets there...the buyer foots the bill...why would I care?

The only time I had an issue was an order of parts going to HI. The buyer paid for the item and standard shipping(he hadn't contacted me beforehand). I sent him a message explaining that there are additional fees outside the continental 48(which was clearly stated in the listing), and that he owed an additional $12 or something. The guy got all pissy, claiming that he had already paid for shipping and that I wasn't allowed to charge more to ship to HI(did I mention he had zero feedback?), that was discrimination, he was going to report me to ebay, yadda yadda yadda. The next day he paid up and sent a quick "apology" saying that he was new to ebay and didn't "fully understand" how things worked. I sent his parts, and then the bastard left me "neutral" feedback saying the shipping was "awfully slow", when I know it was delivered in 4 days, NY to HI.

Typically with international orders(I sold a few outboard motor mounts to a guy in Germany over the summer), they pay for the item and the "regular" shipping rate, then I send them an invoice with the additional shipping fee. As soon as the additional money is sent, the item is on it's way. Seem to remember it cost like $35 to send a smallish box to Germany. A week later the guy thanked me for prompt service and "very fair shipping fees". I bill shipping at what it costs me. I hate sellers who list items for seemingly bargain prices, and then charge like $20 to send a small envelope via last-class snail mail. In the end it works out to about the same as other sellers, but I will avoid these sellers just because their practice pisses me off.

Getting things shipped by U.P.S is fast no doubt but every time I had something shipped by them I always have to pay at least $40 in cross border duties!!!What the hell ever happened to FREE TRADE Like most stuff it's a one way street,one way south!!!

I'm used to wait at least 2 to 4 weeks wherever I buy.
So I got used to it and now when it's within 3 weeks, I just say wow they were fast.
Matter of expectation and patience I guess hahaha

I typically list a 48 states flat shipping price, and put in a note to contact me before bidding/buying for a shipping quote if they are AK/HI or international. I could care less where the item goes or how fast it gets there...the buyer foots the bill...why would I care?

The only time I had an issue was an order of parts going to HI. The buyer paid for the item and standard shipping(he hadn't contacted me beforehand). I sent him a message explaining that there are additional fees outside the continental 48(which was clearly stated in the listing), and that he owed an additional $12 or something. The guy got all pissy, claiming that he had already paid for shipping and that I wasn't allowed to charge more to ship to HI(did I mention he had zero feedback?), that was discrimination, he was going to report me to ebay, yadda yadda yadda. The next day he paid up and sent a quick "apology" saying that he was new to ebay and didn't "fully understand" how things worked. I sent his parts, and then the bastard left me "neutral" feedback saying the shipping was "awfully slow", when I know it was delivered in 4 days, NY to HI.

Typically with international orders(I sold a few outboard motor mounts to a guy in Germany over the summer), they pay for the item and the "regular" shipping rate, then I send them an invoice with the additional shipping fee. As soon as the additional money is sent, the item is on it's way. Seem to remember it cost like $35 to send a smallish box to Germany. A week later the guy thanked me for prompt service and "very fair shipping fees". I bill shipping at what it costs me. I hate sellers who list items for seemingly bargain prices, and then charge like $20 to send a small envelope via last-class snail mail. In the end it works out to about the same as other sellers, but I will avoid these sellers just because their practice pisses me off.

Yeah some have bad practice on Ebay since they don't pay fee on the shipping fees but only on the value of the items.
Same shit for additional items shipping fees, abused sometimes :bang head:

Good to hear your a fair seller :)

Yep, paypal takes 2,9% of total up to 10.000$ of total payment.
Even if I/You will send paymant as a gift fees will be charged.

In my practice some sealers charge this fee and some not.

Yep, paypal takes 2,9% of total up to 10.000$ of total payment.
Even if I/You will send paymant as a gift fees will be charged.

In my practice some sealers charge this fee and some not.

yup but they do allow the SENDER to pay the fee at least.

Latest posts

Back