Wow! The gen 2 does handle!! Cant do this on a gen 1!

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Rider looks about 85 pounds and what caught up to it to film it ? Thanks for posting
Yeah, the rider does look quite small. If you notice, whatever caught up to him in the turns was falling back in the straights! :biglaugh:

I saw that video a while ago.....funny thing is I saw a picture of the rider too. he's like 70 years old. Long time racer I'm guessing who took the VMax for a spin.

The Gen 2 will never completely hang with the sporties through the turns on a track.....but it's only because it is so long (and heavy). It's wheelbase is almost 10 inches longer than most sport bikes. It's frame stiffness and suspension is phenomenal though......it will handle anything you can throw at it.

And you're right it will pull almost anything out there coming out of a turn and down a straightaway.

I would LOVE to build up Woona (a 1st Gen bike) to handle like that. I imagine that it could be done. Would just take careful planning of how to do so, and a decent size chunk of $$$$$.
twilightsheepish.png

If it was not for the weight issue, I would bet that the 2nd Gen Max would be able to go neck n' neck with a Diavel.
pinkiecrazy.png

Far from a Vmax but I still like watching this guy . He can ride.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0nrMQ3QwyPo

lol, seen this before. I have heard of sportbike owners who wreck their bikes trying to go the pace those guys are going.

Shows that SKILL is most important, and too many out there go buy them bikes, and severely lack the skills needed to ride them properly.

Agreed. Most times it's a rider deficiency and not a bike issue. The gen 1 can benefit from a few upgrades (that the gen 2 already has) and become quite the excellent handling machine.

Did you guys not see the logo on the back of the leathers.... thats me "CC" Customized Creationz!

JK. That is awesome. I ve seen it before. I bet it would probably handle even better with a 190 type tire on back instead of the bigger 240 ( or are they 200 tires )?

The exhaust I don't like either. Those long tubes off the end of it. But maybe thats because I was behind it the whole time in the video lol.

Definitely some skill level there.

Thats the great thing about motorcycles, that regardless if a bike is classified as a cruiser or a sport , or a touring bike, people always find a way to make them work for what they want to do.
Maybe that Gen 2 would be eaten up on a real race track situation ( obviously it would because if it was awesome, you would see them on the track all the time ), but man was he laying it to those other guys on their sport bikes. I would like to be there to see that happen, the look on their face when a "cruiser" bikes keeps up and passes them lol.

Ah... the power of the V4!

Todd

Anybody who has seen Marcus ride knows that a Gen 1 can handle quite well.

Is his bike bone stock, or has he tweaked the frame and suspension for better handling?

I know the V-max can handle decent enough stock, but it feels like it is not very forgiving to someone who is not experienced with one. Still, I would take one down Deals Gap. Don't think I'll be goin quite the same pace as them gold wing riders though lol. I do know my limits.

I know when we rode through the mountains the last event, that even on a sport type bike, I wouldn't have been riding much faster.

Reality is, that bikes handle better than 90% of us can ride. So the Gen 1 handles good enough to have a BLAST on and a Gen 2 handles even better.

But for the price between the two, how much is better worth? The Gen 2 does everything better so its almost a loaded question. I would love to get a Gen 2 Vmax and I might do that next year possibly. I am still up in the air on it.

But watching that video it makes the Gen 2 Vmax look like one of the best all around bikes on the market for what "I" would like to do with it.

Which is ride fast in straight lines and be able to handle some curves as well.

But at the price tag... its hard to swallow.

Again awesome video.

I did Deals Gap in 2000 with a completely stock 95 Max. Only upgrade was Progressive springs in the forks. Got so far ahead of my riding party that I had time to stop and take pictures at the spot where parts were buried in the hillside, get back on and still get to the lodge several minutes ahead. My current Max has many more handling upgrades and I have scraped the case guards on occasion. The Max can be made to handle reasonably well, especially on low speed corners like Deals Gap.

I sure hope my gen 1 can handle the dragon, I'll be out there in 2.5 weeks to find out. I definitely won't be going through there like that goldwing. I consider myself to be an above average rider, but considering most riders are HD guys who don't know what the hell they are doing most of the time that isn't saying much. Fortunately I know my limits and don't want to park in the trees on accident.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 4

I sure hope my gen 1 can handle the dragon, I'll be out there in 2.5 weeks to find out. I definitely won't be going through there like that goldwing. I consider myself to be an above average rider, but considering most riders are HD guys who don't know what the hell they are doing most of the time that isn't saying much. Fortunately I know my limits and don't want to park in the trees on accident.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 4

Well let us know how it turns out, and please take lots of pics.

A gen 1 is more than capable on the Tail of the dragon- I just got back from there, and it was a blast! Make no mistake- you will never mistake a vmax for a sportbike, its a serious workout to run it hard at the Gap, but mine handled it just fine. I just put on new shinko 230's, it has progressive springs in the 2000 front end, and 11 1/2" Progressive rear shocks. Chicken strips were less than a 1/4" wide front and rear(170-80-15 rear tire) after the second run through the tail. Just leave it in second gear, and you will rarely even have to hit the brakes, and comes out of the corners light a rocket:biglaugh:! Be VERY aware that the cops are out in force, especially on the weekends, & WILL whack you with a ticket!:bang head:

A gen 1 is more than capable on the Tail of the dragon- I just got back from there, and it was a blast! Make no mistake- you will never mistake a vmax for a sportbike, its a serious workout to run it hard at the Gap, but mine handled it just fine. I just put on new shinko 230's, it has progressive springs in the 2000 front end, and 11 1/2" Progressive rear shocks. Chicken strips were less than a 1/4" wide front and rear(170-80-15 rear tire) after the second run through the tail. Just leave it in second gear, and you will rarely even have to hit the brakes, and comes out of the corners light a rocket:biglaugh:! Be VERY aware that the cops are out in force, especially on the weekends, & WILL whack you with a ticket!:bang head:

I think your seat helped a little too :biglaugh: , serious , I think it helps keep you planted IN the bike instead of on the bike IMHO

Back