WoW Yamha needs to get on track!!!

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

1967vmax

Reaction score
So i am thinking of upgrading to a new ATV looking at the grizzly 700 and the king quad 750 both with EPS,I was very shocked to see yamaha at 6.9% fixed ,interest and suzuki offering 1.9 with zero down,and 0% with 20% down fixed at 5yrs. I really want a grizzly but its a going to be a king quad ill save 30 bucks a month thats coin in my pocket not the stealership, but just thinking how many customers yamaha is losing due to this? :ummm:

agreed, but i bet suzuki is making so much money per bike they can afford to offer low rates.

IMO, build quality is a concern, but these are gonna be off roaded all to hell anyway. go for the cheapo

It's not a big deal. Suzuki happens to have a promo on. Maybe Yamaha will follow suit, maybe not. Different companies run promos at different times for different reasons.

Generally, they do not run a promo when things are selling well and they are "making so much money per bike they can afford to offer low rates."

It's usually for other reasons. Stagnant sales, too much inventory, trying to buy more market share... whatever.

It costs a company (in this case Suzuki) to offer a lower financing rate. The paper is held by a financing company such as GE or whomever. Not Suzuki or Yamaha. They ain't no bank fellas.

If the corporate sales division decides to run a financing promo, they (again, in this case Suzuki) have to buy down the interest rate to the financing company. The financing company always gets their share. Prime plus whatever... The less money the finance company makes, the less money the dealer gets as their kickback for the loan.

So if you want the Suzuki and your credit will qualify you for that low rate, then go for it. The King Quad is a great atv.

If you will settle for nothing other than the Yamaha, then either buy it at the best rate your credit will get you, or hold out until they have a better deal.

Good luck with your decision.

Up here in Canada Yamaha has it's own credit division (or they used to). The rates were fine, whatever they were for the promo they were offering, but they had some strange stipulations with insurance while the machine was being financed. I think you needed collision along with PLPD but I can't quite recall.

Quads are one of those things that haven't changed all that much, short of new ones with power steering. Unless you absolutely can't live without EPS, you can find an equivalent quad a couple years old for half the price. Not everyone beats the piss out of them. A lot of people just use them for yardwork or towing little carts around or plowing their driveway and aren't sinking them in mud bogs every other day.

Yamaha needs to come out with a twin cylinder quad and give it a shitload of power. That 700 single has been hanging around a while and is starting to look pretty dated. Polaris' 800 twin just manages to fart out like 50hp and it's a gutless wonder much above about 20mph. Can-am has the new 1000 that's like 80some HP, Yammie needs to drop a 100hp triple or something.

ya yamaha needs to bring sexy back. inline 4 fourwheeler!11

Agreed yamaha needs to revamp the grizzly, i was talking to Twisted, his boy works at a dealership,and i was telling him i found a 2011 grizz se for 8k + fees, he said thats a great deal,so i was all set for the king quad but i think im going to look at the se its suppose to be carbon silver. I really like the 800 can am but they are so pricey on parts, i have a polaris 500ho and its a great machine but the new ones the reliability factor has gone way down. The plus side to the king quad is the T back seat and the pod headlight, downside i can only find is the racks suck. I have found no downsides on the grizzly,just the intrest rates,lol

Up here in Canada Yamaha has it's own credit division (or they used to). The rates were fine, whatever they were for the promo they were offering, but they had some strange stipulations with insurance while the machine was being financed. I think you needed collision along with PLPD but I can't quite recall.

Yamaha Canada uses HSBC for their finance company, know that because I have been paying for an 05 FZ6 for the past 4 years to them. They require full coverage on any vehicle that they finance.

You won`t be sorry if you buy the 700 Grizz. We have one from the first year they came out , 2007, with no problems as yet. The only thing is they need better tires.

A buddy of mine just traded in his old grizz for a 2010 uses his for his primary transportation except for in heavy snow when he rides his yamaha snowmobile. Before he traded in his old grizz he had over 20,000 miles on his grizz! There are about 20 grizzly's in my area with a lot them being converted from Honda's, Polaris, and some Arctic Cats.
I would definitely look at the grizzly over the others if your looking for reliability/ satisfaction after purchase. The Can-Am is a beast but it costs more and doesn't have the track record of the Grizzly.

I wasn't aware Polaris ever had a track record for reliability. In fact, I'm pretty sure their only track record was for pinching out consistently shitty, unreliable, outdated, underperforming junk year after year.

I could go on all day about polaris-related nightmares I've had, first hand experience with their idiotic engineering and shitty build quality. But just think....when was the last time you saw an old polaris?

LOL i have a 2001 Polaris sportsman 500HO and its been very good to me but i want to update and the new polaris line is as you said.

we completely thrash our jap quads daily. literally. someone is riding at least one quad here every single day. weve got a lot of kids around here that ride our stuff and my little brother invites his friends over after school just to thrash.

i can not believe how resilient these jap quads are, day in day out they always start and they all stay together, they all run great and i doubt theres any oil left in any of em lol

I know the '88 Suzuki 230 I used to have was run for at least two summers with literally a dribble of oil (a couple oz at most) of oil in it. The valve seals were shot from it being repeatedly and severely overheated, so it burned oil until it didn't have any left. Yet it kept running, never failed to start.

By the time I sold it the cam chain was getting pretty noisy, but otherwise everything worked perfect motor wise.

ya we always get mad when a tire is low or something... but, thats what we have grown to expect from them, 100% flawless every time.. lol

i think theyre all running the original air filters too, theyve been underwater upside down completely submerged and everything. caped in mud weekly, yet the only thing thats really rusting is the exhausts, and they really arent THAT bad.

we bought a little chinese quad just for the hell of it, the shaft spins around a bracket/hub that attaches to the frame, there is no bearing/bushing at all, so as u ride it, it just grinds and grinds until it snaps in half.

absolute junk...

spend the extra 500 and go with a jappy, money well spent

I got this little gem of a motorcycle for free this summer. Someone I loosely know at work brought it in since I said I could probably get it running. It'd been sitting outside uncovered for 3 years, and it was a junky chinese piece 'o shit from the get-go. Little 70cc pit bike. It was as complicated as a weedeater, and it wouldn't start because the chain had derailed and jammed, which instantly broke the flimsy plastic stator cover and snapped the trigger coil off it's pot metal casting. JB welded it back in place, went through the slide valve carb(took about 5 minutes), and it fired up and actually ran fine.

It had this really weird "circular" shift pattern. It was a four speed autoclutch, but if it was in neutral, pressing it down grabbed first, and up grabbed fourth. If you clicked it down from fourth, you got neutral. Weird.

Since it was a simple slide valve it had zero throttle response, but would wind up to about 30mph and actually had decent power since it was geared pretty low.

I brought it back to work, hilarity ensued as everyone took it for a joyride. Someone made the mistake of hauling ass up a hill with a sudden top, got air off it, and the rear spoke wheel collapsed on landing. We somehow managed to get some of that expanding insulating foam inside the tire, and continued to ride it. The chain derailed again, and broke the trigger coil off, again. One of the techs took it home and I guess got it going again. Rode it to a local harley biker bar and parked it in the "lineup" and took a picture(I don't have a copy but it was funny as hell).

Attachments

• IMG_0676.jpg
    IMG_0676.jpg
    99.6 KB · Views: 9
I get so pissed off when people advertise those pitt bikes saying its a HONDA motor, NOT!!!!!!!!

This one was so cheap and shitty it didn't even have a name/brand I could find. But I've seen a lot of chinese stuff saying "honda based", which in many cases the clone motors are so close that parts interchange between real honda's and the chinese copies.

This one was so cheap and shitty it didn't even have a name/brand I could find. But I've seen a lot of chinese stuff saying "honda based", which in many cases the clone motors are so close that parts interchange between real honda's and the chinese copies.

Many of these chinese companies (ie: Lifan) have purchased the manufacturing rights from Japanese companies (ie: Honda) and that's the reason why you can interchange the parts with them.

Most of those motors are no longer in production by the japanese manufacturers.

Mike

I know at least all the Honda GX engines are still in production, which is what the harbor freight motors are copies of. The ubiquitous 6.5hp single that's found in everything from gokarts to cement mixers to snowblowers is a GX200 clone.

When I was looking for info about those engines(there's a surprising aftermarket and knowledge base for them, since they're used for kart racing), it's a pretty hotly debated issue among kart racers between the chinese motors and the Hondas. The copies are about 1/3 the price and a lot of people argue, since they are literally almost part-for-part identical, there's no real disadvantage.

Tecumpseh went bankrupt last year, and from what I'm hearing Briggs&Stratton isn't doing so hot either....these $100 HF motors are killing them....they can't even begin to compete with the price. The equivalent B&S motor costs $350-$500, depending if you want a stator, r/r, or electric start.

Quality wise I love the Series 1450 Briggs I got. Ball bearing crank, cast iron cylinder sleeve, reinforced case (it's a "red shroud", meaning commercial version). The "regular" black shrouds have bushing mounted cranks, are all aluminum, and don't have the extra ribs on the mounting plate. 10hp, 14.5 lbs of torque, electric start, regulated DC output. $900 retail....$120 because the UPS man dropped it and put a slight crack in the oil pan, which was fixed with jb weld in 30 seconds. Scoots my ass around at 50mph no problem.

Back