Wrong------------

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Really! What's wrong with that? I thought you were smarter than that........NEVER and I mean NEVER wear sandals at the car wash. Car wash preassure washers can create pressures in excess of 2500 psi and can cause serious damage to your bare skin.

I wash my bikes like that all the time. It's designed to get wet on occasion.

I've ridden in worse rain..
Of course, there was no soap mixed in with the water..

I wash with soap and the garden hose a couple times a year.
Sometimes it gets so dusty its needed. Otherwise, I'd just be smearing dust and dirt around.
I use the leaf blower to dry it off.
Works just fine for me.

I wash with soap and the garden hose a couple times a year.
Sometimes it gets so dusty its needed. Otherwise, I'd just be smearing dust and dirt around.
I use the leaf blower to dry it off.
Works just fine for me.

Same here, I use a quick detailer on the shiny parts and when the bugs get thick and crusty a bug and tar remover is needed at times in-between the full hose and car wash soap filled bucket treatment. I'm sure riding for 3 hours in traffic in a steady rain is the wettest my bike has ever been.

I dont like rain but it doesn't stop me from riding, I got soaked damn near every day riding in Seattle. The thing about not using high pressure under a hood also applies to bikes. All that pressure aimed just right can force water where it shouldn't be. High pressure water should be used very carefully, if at all. Garden hoses and rain are perfectly safe in my experience.

What's wrong with that?
I washed my Gen 1's that way, but made sure I blew it dry with a leaf blower. Now I will not was my Gen 2 that way, I started a thread on the other Vmax forum asking how others clean their Gen 2's and got a mix of good suggestions however soaking it like that pic was not one of them.............lol

I asked because I wanted to listen to everyone's opinion so I could I learn before making a bad mistake.

Fair weather riders? I am confused....

A cold wet ride is better than a warm dry drive. That being said I prefer dry. Anytime I see rain I have flashbacks of being a Seattle resident. I've never seen a bigger bunch of pussies when it comes to adverse weather. Thats where all the 10 year old HDs come from that have less than 5k miles. They either buckle to the weather or to their matriarchal ball-n-chain not granting permission, either concept eludes me. I commuted *a lot* in some pretty nasty weather and never had any moisture related bike issues but I have towed several vehicles out of carwash stalls after pressurized water was used under the hood.

Exactly. You can't get too much wet to hurt this bike. Might run a little rough until it all drys out if the electrical got too wet but it will be just fine.

Ive given all my bikes a nice wet soapy bath every few weeks during riding season. Hell my i got caught in a tornado rain storm on my fz1. It was so bad that cars were pulling over on the highway. My and my other fz1 buddy just kept going. We wantes to get home. Lol. Both our bikes were fine.

Ive given all my bikes a nice wet soapy bath every few weeks during riding season. Hell my i got caught in a tornado rain storm on my fz1. It was so bad that cars were pulling over on the highway. My and my other fz1 buddy just kept going. We wantes to get home. Lol. Both our bikes were fine.

I washed all my Gen 1's the same way. I wasn't as brave as you and drove straight standing water or even in a rain storm, it rained bike was in garage, that helped me keep my bikes as good as new.

Now I have a Gen 2 and you can wash them the same way with all the electronics and be safe. If you do wash a Gen 2 that same was, wet and soapy cross your fingers someday it will catch up to you .IMO :)

The gen 2 has weather pack connectors on everything so it's even safer to wash it however you want!

Back