WTB 97 to 01 V-Max cams and springs

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

royalstar

Reaction score
Hi V-Max guys,
I am new here and recently bought a naked 1996 Royal Star and need advice on how to wake it up. I heard that V-Max cams and springs will really help so need some advice on what to buy and where to buy.
I did put Jardine 4 pipe exhaust and a Dyna 3000 and they helped but the bike is still pretty much a lard butt.
I really need to wake this up because my friend has a $35,000 CVO 110 Harley and he runs away from me and this is just not going to work I need to saw him off, please help and thanks

:ummm:

Hi V-Max guys,
I am new here and recently bought a naked 1996 Royal Star and need advice on how to wake it up. I heard that V-Max cams and springs will really help so need some advice on what to buy and where to buy.
I did put Jardine 4 pipe exhaust and a Dyna 3000 and they helped but the bike is still pretty much a lard butt.
I really need to wake this up because my friend has a $35,000 CVO 110 Harley and he runs away from me and this is just not going to work I need to saw him off, please help and thanks

:ummm:

Not sure the royal star heads will let that much flow - valves are smaller a bit too.
This is basicly the same engine block but heads are diffrent.

The best way would be to swap the heads and carbs from v-max.

Agreed but not sure what the issues will be for the covers when doing the swap. The cam years can be any. They will help but maybe not maximium gain. I do have plenty of them available. I would suggest replacing the springs too.

Sean

I appreciate the feedback guys...am told that the V-Max cam and V-Max springs is a direct swap but will need to do a bit more research.
I will pm you Sean thanks

Back