• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to VMAX Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

WTB: Dale Walker Frame Braces - FOUND Morley Frame Braces!

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

desert_max

Reaction score
Had a set of these once, really liked them. Would like to obtain another set.

If somebody has a pair laying around unloved, if you'd like to get rid of them, give me a shout please.

American dollars at the ready.

Last edited:
We do offer a single tube frame brace design that is very similar?

Uh oh. Should have known. Could you please PM me with a link or with details please Sean? I don't do Facebook.

Thanks.

$200 finish single tube - Raw (add $80 for coating) *out of stock but more being made
$250 finish double tube - Raw (add $80 for coating)
chrome can be done too for additional cost.

Attachments

• 2019-2002-v-max-impulse-buy-5.jpg
    2019-2002-v-max-impulse-buy-5.jpg
    258.9 KB · Views: 104
  • Muscle Bolt On Frame Braces.jpg
    Muscle Bolt On Frame Braces.jpg
    89 KB · Views: 95
$200 finish single tube - Raw (add $80 for coating) *out of stock but more being made
$250 finish double tube - Raw (add $80 for coating)
chrome can be done too for additional cost.
I would like the single tube design chrome of course let me know when they are back in stock

Assuming I hang onto the 86, I will be waiting for the single tube to become available. Not sure it'd fit the persona of the Anniversary Bike.

I would like the single tube design chrome of course let me know when they are back in stock
Need to email me to "reserve" a set. I don't stock the single tube version so we make them to order. I think I have three sets on order now and at least one set reserved with a second as a maybe.
My email is [email protected]

Sean old buddy, put me on the short list for a set of the single tube braces.

If you have a decent powder coater and are willing to have that done, shoot me a PM and let me know how much that adds. Regardless, I need a pair.

Yes, I have a powder coating rig on the premises. But, it has issues at the moment.

Naturally.

Sean, whats the difference between the single tube and the double ? The double is stiffer i presume ?

Visual difference. Here's just a couple of pics

Attachments

• Gloss double tube frame brace.jpg
    Gloss double tube frame brace.jpg
    59.3 KB · Views: 30
  • Muscle Bolt On Frame Braces.jpg
    Muscle Bolt On Frame Braces.jpg
    89 KB · Views: 29
Here’s the deal boys and girls. It was worth the wait! As I noted at the beginning of this thread, I had the Dale Walker braces sometime back on my 94. I loved them, tried to get them again, and they are no longer available.

Wouldn’t you know it, Mr. Morley stepped up. It should have been no surprise that he had the service available. It took me about an hour to get them on, that’s including going back to the recycling barrel and fishing out some hardware that I accidentally pitched with the box.

Fit and finish are first rate. The first thing I noticed was that the tubing Morley uses is a bit fatter than the Dale Walker braces (as I recall). I like that. Hardware was included, I changed one thing – the upper front bolt on the left side was a bit short and I needed a spacer to compensate for the crash guard thickness on that side.

Another happy customer (and don’t mind the dirt, this machine is RIDDEN)
9E0A20D8-0D4E-4327-AA7B-F253C8C2B4C2.jpegA1DB47E4-CA74-4A52-8F95-ECBAAF5DC256.jpeg

Last edited:
Very nice DM. Was jealous for a day but had a surprise sitting at the door today! Thanks Sean!!
Get after it!

I am a big fan of subtle mods. All out customs are nice, but (and my 79 CBX not withstanding) I like the stuff that looks like the factory might have done it. Or should have.

I mentioned above that Sean's braces were larger diameter than the Dale Walker set I had on my 94. Looks like my memory was faulty. Near as I can tell, they are virtually identical. Which is a good thing as that's EXACTLY what I was looking for. Unfortunately, digging up old photos of my '94 had me kicking myself for ever selling the dang thing. That was a very nice Vmax.
94 closeup.jpg

Yes it most certainly is. Some of try to talk members out of selling their Max , but you can't make a horse drink....

Latest posts

Back