• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to VMAX Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

WTB GEN 1 replacement backrest pad cover

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Does the material have to be a perfect match to the factory seat? Or just black?

I may have one made up , I'll look this weekend. It may be Velcro though not a zipper.

That's always the issue. We usually have the zipper reused when having them recovered for customers.

I would suspect getting a new zipper at a fabric store would be 'no big thing.' Is there a difference between a clothing zipper and one for an upholstery application like this? A nylon Talon or a YKK would seem like an easy replacement, and Velcro sounds like a good substitute too. It doesn't seem that it would be that difficult to fabricate a replacement pad. You just have two same-sized rectangles of material (front & back), the narrow strip for the pad sides, the material for the whipcord, or whatever they call the piping, and the zipper (re-use the foam). I'd think the cost is in the labor rather than the material.

I've seen some pads listed on ebay that may substitute for the stock pad, you would just have to use nut-serts in the wood backer plate to accept the machine screws in the sissy bar frame.

That's always the issue. We usually have the zipper reused when having them recovered for customers.

It is no big thing, I put zippers in all mine , the Velcro was an expairment , that's why I may still have it. I'm going out to look now

Back