• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to VMAX Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Wtb: Vmax 1700

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fuzion1029

Reaction score
Hi I'm new to this forum and the Vmax craze.
I'm looking to own the 1700cc Vmax and am looking for something close to the
California Bay Area. If there aren't many listing around my area I'd be willing to drive down or arrange for transport.

Hit me up or let me know which year is the best to own.

I'm a Sportbiker racer so I'd love to see some of the below mods

Upgraded brakes
Suspension
Exhaust and dyno tune/pc5 setup
Any luggage options
Comfortable seat
Cosmetic upgrades will be a plus too.

Budget not over 8k
Mileage: preferably under 20k
Years 2009+

You are not going to find one for 8K. You'll need to spend a little more, especially if you want a low mileage example.

Here is one in California : http://sfbay.craigslist.org/eby/mcy/5534782349.html

Texas : http://www.starvmax.com/kunena/45-vmax-items-for-sale/187837-2012-vmax-for-sale?limitstart=0

Thanks for sharing those links. I've seen both of them.
The one in Cali just has way too many miles for the price. And the owner was very non responsive to my messages. So I lost interest. Also with 60k miles i'm not sure I want to own it.

The second one is the color I want minus the mods I wish it had.

Hey how about this below deal. Seems like a steal and they might be able to help me finance.

http://www.wheelsinmotionmc.com/def...&d=D&t=preowned&sq=vmax&fr=xPreOwnedInventory

Thanks for sharing those links. I've seen both of them.
The one in Cali just has way too many miles for the price. And the owner was very non responsive to my messages. So I lost interest. Also with 60k miles i'm not sure I want to own it.

The second one is the color I want minus the mods I wish it had.

Hey how about this below deal. Seems like a steal and they might be able to help me finance.

http://www.wheelsinmotionmc.com/def...&d=D&t=preowned&sq=vmax&fr=xPreOwnedInventory

That last one looks like a great deal IMHO.

That last one is most likely BS - with a LOT of hidden dealership BS to be added on after you arrive and really want to take it home. ...just sayin'.

That last one is most likely BS - with a LOT of hidden dealership BS to be added on after you arrive and really want to take it home. ...just sayin'.

Well just spoke to them this morning. This is the story of the bike in Texas.
The 2014 model with full exhaust for 11.9k traded in by one of those guys who has a lot of money and changes bikes frequently.

11.9K is the OTD price, write a check and take the bike. But since I'm in Cali, I'll have to arrange transport, and trust that the payment will be processed and yada yada since i won't be able to check it out in person.
Also the ECU is flashed for the full exhaust.

I think I'll pass and wait for a listing closer to me unless these guys call back and are able to work the transport within the deal.

Well just spoke to them this morning. This is the story of the bike in Texas.
The 2014 model with full exhaust for 11.9k traded in by one of those guys who has a lot of money and changes bikes frequently.

11.9K is the OTD price, write a check and take the bike. But since I'm in Cali, I'll have to arrange transport, and trust that the payment will be processed and yada yada since i won't be able to check it out in person.
Also the ECU is flashed for the full exhaust.

I think I'll pass and wait for a listing closer to me unless these guys call back and are able to work the transport within the deal.

Well you could always fly there, buy the bike, and drive it back.:punk:

It'll make someone else a good deal then.

Yep.
Keep in mind the first 2 things most owners want to do is put a pipe on and re-flash the ECU. If you go for something like a full Akrapovic..... That along with the reflash will cost $3000. Taking advantage of low mileage bike with these mods is a great way to save money.

Yep.
Keep in mind the first 2 things most owners want to do is put a pipe on and re-flash the ECU. If you go for something like a full Akrapovic..... That along with the reflash will cost $3000. Taking advantage of low mileage bike with these mods is a great way to save money.

Damn, yall are making too much sense, yall are wanting me to buy this arent you?:biglaugh:

Damn, yall are making too much sense, yall are wanting me to buy this arent you?:biglaugh:

If you could procure it between your present job, and Eureka Springs, you wouldn't have to put your gen 1 front end back together to make the rally.
....just sayin'....:biglaugh:

Forgot to ask this. Is this a 50 state bike ?
I'm located in CA with stricter emissions laws. Wondering how much trouble
It'll be to register an out of state Vmax with a full exhaust.
Any opinions?

On Sept. 28, Gov. Arnold Schwarzenegger signed into law Senate Bill 435, sponsored by Sen. Fran Pavey (D-Agoura Hills). While motorcycle manufacturers have been complying with the federal law since it was effective in 1983, the new law now makes it a state crime to operate any motorcycle registered in the state that was built on or after Jan. 1, 2013, that doesn't have a federal Environmental Protection Agency exhaust system sound emissions label. (located on the exhaust system)

In addition, the law requires aftermarket exhaust systems made on or after Jan. 1, 2013, to display the EPA sound emissions label, and therefore applies to individuals who seek to replace the exhaust system on affected street bikes.

If the police pull you over for something else and you have loud pipes without a DOT-approved sound level label, you will get a fix-it ticket for $50 or $100, and you will be required to put DOT approved pipes on the motorcycle and have it inspected.

I would have the dealership get it registered in California via the DMV or have them take care of the registration paperwork so you don't have to go to CHP for VIN and exhaust verification. Due to being < 7500 miles, you cannot go through AAA. Ask them if the full exhaust has the EPA sound emissions label.

If you are a California resident and acquire a motorcycle from another state, it must be certified to meet California smog laws in order to be registered here.
Since you are buying the bike inside California, this may not apply.

Not all new vehicles are manufactured to be sold to California residents or businesses. Many manufacturers make vehicles to be sold in the other 49 states. These vehicles (49-State) are made with smog equipment that meets federal emission standards, but not California standards. 50-State or California certified vehicles are made to be sold to California residents.

California law considers any vehicle with less than 7,500 miles on the odometer when acquired by a California resident or business to be a new vehicle. This holds true whether or not the vehicle has been registered in another state. If you acquire a new vehicle from another state, you may not subsequently drive it to accumulate over 7,500 miles to circumvent the law. DMV cannot accept an application to register the vehicle, and you cannot register or operate the vehicle in California.

To find out whether a car or truck is California Certified, check the emission label under the hood. For a motorcycle check the headset or frame. The label should read that the vehicle conforms to California regulations, or that it is legal for sale in California.

Thank you so much for the detailed information.
The dealership was kind enough to send me pics of the EPA stickers on the bike and agreed to put on the stock pipes for the sake of the deal.
Unfortunately the stickers do not have the California legal EPA label.

So unfortunately this deal will never work out and I thanked them profusely for their patience in answering all my questions and said I won't be able to register this bike in Cali. Someone else is about to get really lucky though :bang head:

On Sept. 28, Gov. Arnold Schwarzenegger signed into law Senate Bill 435, sponsored by Sen. Fran Pavey (D-Agoura Hills). While motorcycle manufacturers have been complying with the federal law since it was effective in 1983, the new law now makes it a state crime to operate any motorcycle registered in the state that was built on or after Jan. 1, 2013, that doesn't have a federal Environmental Protection Agency exhaust system sound emissions label. (located on the exhaust system)

In addition, the law requires aftermarket exhaust systems made on or after Jan. 1, 2013, to display the EPA sound emissions label, and therefore applies to individuals who seek to replace the exhaust system on affected street bikes.

If the police pull you over for something else and you have loud pipes without a DOT-approved sound level label, you will get a fix-it ticket for $50 or $100, and you will be required to put DOT approved pipes on the motorcycle and have it inspected.

I would have the dealership get it registered in California via the DMV or have them take care of the registration paperwork so you don't have to go to CHP for VIN and exhaust verification. Due to being < 7500 miles, you cannot go through AAA. Ask them if the full exhaust has the EPA sound emissions label.

If you are a California resident and acquire a motorcycle from another state, it must be certified to meet California smog laws in order to be registered here.
Since you are buying the bike inside California, this may not apply.

Not all new vehicles are manufactured to be sold to California residents or businesses. Many manufacturers make vehicles to be sold in the other 49 states. These vehicles (49-State) are made with smog equipment that meets federal emission standards, but not California standards. 50-State or California certified vehicles are made to be sold to California residents.

California law considers any vehicle with less than 7,500 miles on the odometer when acquired by a California resident or business to be a new vehicle. This holds true whether or not the vehicle has been registered in another state. If you acquire a new vehicle from another state, you may not subsequently drive it to accumulate over 7,500 miles to circumvent the law. DMV cannot accept an application to register the vehicle, and you cannot register or operate the vehicle in California.

To find out whether a car or truck is California Certified, check the emission label under the hood. For a motorcycle check the headset or frame. The label should read that the vehicle conforms to California regulations, or that it is legal for sale in California.

I just got off the phone with Wheels In Motion and they said the that bike has been sold.
BUT!
The manager, Mr. Elle, says he would sell me a brand new 2015 VMAX California model for the same price of $11995.00. Stock exhaust.

Worth another call? Don't talk with the sales staff, ask for the manager. (they give his name while on hold.)

They also offer free tire changes for life :) I know that doesn't mean much since you live up North.

Thank you so much for the detailed information.
The dealership was kind enough to send me pics of the EPA stickers on the bike and agreed to put on the stock pipes for the sake of the deal.
Unfortunately the stickers do not have the California legal EPA label.

So unfortunately this deal will never work out and I thanked them profusely for their patience in answering all my questions and said I won't be able to register this bike in Cali. Someone else is about to get really lucky though :bang head:

I have a set of factory mufflers that came from California if that would help. Like new.

Latest posts

Back