WTF!! SS Vgas throttle cable

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CustomMax

Reaction score
I put a SS Vgas throttle cable on last Feb and today it just broke where the cable connects to the handgrip! It looks like a defect cause it looks like it pulled out of the brass grommet instead of the cable actually breaking! I put about 2000 miles TOPS on it and that's just riding on sunny days mostly to shows. I contacted Bill from wild bros and he said he could sell me just the pull cable for $65 plus shipping and I guess that's better than having to buy both but still, WTF! I'm a little bummed that their barely over a year old and I have lubricated them and now I still gotta pay 5X what a stock set costs for something that looks like a defect!! Just my stinkin luck!:bang head:

Something similar happened to me with my old chopper. I was getting ready to go for a ride and what sitting outside of the police station waiting for a friend to ride up and when I pulled in the clutch, *pop* cable broke at the lever. I never did find out what caused it. Maybe not enough lube and the cable bound up. I was lucky, one of the local Harley guys loaned me a new cable until my replacement came in.

You sure he can't get it warrantied? That's what I would do.

Yea, I told him to check his records and see that I got it Feb 26 2011 and especially the way it broke it looks defective and all I got was an email asking if I want a PayPal invoice!! Do you know how long the warranty usually is on those? Or should I try to contact Barnett? I'm certain that's who made it. I wish you sold those cables, I woulda got it from you. Thanks, Ed

Barnett or Motion Pro? I know we have sold Motion Pro stuff before but Cornell has the "rights" to selling those cables. If it's motion pro I would suggest giving them a call.

Sean

Just got off the phone with Barnett and they said to send the cable and they'd fix it for free!! better than having to buy a new cable. Thanks for the idea Sean!

I'm pretty sure wild bros sold me a Barnett. Bill told me he sells to Cornell, shit, gonna have to check with Bill again to make sure what kind it is for sure.

Yep, it's Barnett, hope I didn't piss Bill at wild bros off but I really have stuff I wanna get from Sean ( PCV covers, brake res rebuilt, chrome oil pan) and really thought Bill coulda covered this cable under warranty. But sure I'll buy stuff from Bill again sometime. On wild bros website the part number is WB103/104 but not sure of Barnett's part #.

Cool Ed... I was thinking of Motion Pro like Sean but didn't want to chime in because i was uncertain... Thanks

Bought my cables from Barnett as well..they will make custom cables if you give them the details on what you want. I had them make me a set for flatslides that do away with the junction box..goes straight from carbs to throttle

Back