• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to VMAX Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

WTT / WTB Black rims

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dogoargento

Reaction score
I have an 01 and I am looking to trade the aluminum rims for black front and rear. PM if you are interested. Thank you

While I understand the possible economy of a straight-up trade, why-don't you just get yours powdercoated? There are many service providers here because of the marine industry.

Your are right. Found a guy down here in Kendall that specializes in motorcycle parts and has been doing it for 40 years. Yhanks for the advice, I have always work on my bikes but it is the first time going all black. Still thinking about what to do with the scoops

Did you see my effective, inexpensive scoops paint? You'll spend more at Olive Garden eating by yourself. raw scoop.01.jpg painted scoop.01.jpg painted scoops-eyebrow.jpg

My suggestion on the scoops: don't murder it out by painting the scoops black. A bit of contrast makes the design work better, and the scoops are iconic to the VMax, a visual identifier that immediately draws-in your eyes to them, and with the CV carb diaphragm covers the same, and then the chrome covers over the VBoost/carbs, it is a strong indication of something powerful behind them.

That is exactly why I did not send it to powder coat or paint black. Send me a PM so we meet and I buy you a beer or coffee. I love my Vmax and would like to meet with people that feel the same way for this beasts.

Latest posts

Back