Yamaha Bolt paint

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CaptainKyle

Supporting Member
Reaction score
This has been my latest project for a guy over in SC. He wanted a Kenny Roberts theme so I painted it up for him. I put a lot of gold pearl in the clear over the yellow it really made it pop in the sun light. It does not show up in Pictures good. I am also doing a Vmax in the same theme while I am at it.

I built a paint booth in the end bay of my garage & it works great ! I put nice exhaust fan in & built filters for intake air to go under the door & put some nice lights on the walls.

Attachments

• 1st annual rally in the valley 004.jpg
    1st annual rally in the valley 004.jpg
    88.2 KB · Views: 56
  • 1st annual rally in the valley 078.jpg
    1st annual rally in the valley 078.jpg
    37.5 KB · Views: 45
  • 1st annual rally in the valley 079.jpg
    1st annual rally in the valley 079.jpg
    38.9 KB · Views: 39
  • 1st annual rally in the valley 085.jpg
    1st annual rally in the valley 085.jpg
    38.7 KB · Views: 45
  • 1st annual rally in the valley 092.jpg
    1st annual rally in the valley 092.jpg
    35.9 KB · Views: 46
  • 1st annual rally in the valley 094.jpg
    1st annual rally in the valley 094.jpg
    42.8 KB · Views: 53
  • 1st annual rally in the valley 075.jpg
    1st annual rally in the valley 075.jpg
    45 KB · Views: 51
  • 1st annual rally in the valley 031.jpg
    1st annual rally in the valley 031.jpg
    32.7 KB · Views: 46
will it work on the vmax false tank?its way shorter than the xjr.hope to see some paints when its done.

Great results on the paint!

From the title, I thought you were looking to paint some Yamaha fasteners when you mentioned "Bolt." As in "I'm looking to paint some bolts on my Yamaha"

We were checking out the paint and the shop when we dropped in for a visit last week, nice setup going on out there!............One stop shop for most of your needs!....................Tom.

Paint work looks great and I am glad to see your shop is coming together nicely. Hardly a surprise on both counts.

Thanks all ! I enjoyed doing this one. Hopefully I can get to doing the rest of the Vmax set soon. I am going to try & finish it & then I have a 1964 Vespa to do & another members Vmax tins to do.

Paint an homage to one of these guys:
ClickHandler.ashx

ClickHandler.ashx
ClickHandler.ashx

FYI, it's all the same guy.

One of my friends has that old yamaha check stripe on his vmax. Works well when its done right if you like that sort of thing

A little Fazer that we did here at the shop (had our painter do the paint work though we did the solo seat work).

Attachments

• Ryans Fazer.jpg
    Ryans Fazer.jpg
    67.3 KB · Views: 22
A neat execution of a mid-engine displacement hot rod, the seat blends well. Someone's wraparound rear fender concept? It reminds me of that limited production Triumph from about 1959. A more-sleek modern interpretation. http://www.motorcycleclassics.com/classic-british-motorcycles/1959-triumph-speed-twin.aspx

Unit construction and “bathtub” styling
The first Triumph twin with the transmission in unit with the engine was the 3TA (A for unit construction) “Twenty-One” of 1957 — the name celebrating 21 years of the new Triumph company, and the swept volume of the 350cc engine in cubic inches. With the Triumph Twenty-One came revolutionary styling — the “bathtub” rear enclosure with a deeply valanced front fender, a styling statement adopted next by the Triumph Speed Twin and then the Thunderbird. Love it or hate it (U.S. buyers mostly hated it), the bathtub — inspired by the scooter craze then sweeping Europe — was meant to represent the newest in sleek lines and cleanliness.

Unfortunately, the riders attracted to scooters weren’t the same people buying large motorcycles, and the fate of the majority of bathtub Triumphs was to be stripped of the bodywork and fitted with aftermarket fenders. The removed bodywork often went for scrap or rusted away in back yards. This was particularly true in the U.S., where Triumph was marketed as a performance brand; auntie’s voluminous skirts just didn’t look right on a sport bike.

ClickHandler.ashx

A little Fazer that we did here at the shop (had our painter do the paint work though we did the solo seat work).

A neat execution of a mid-engine displacement hot rod, the seat blends well. Someone's wraparound rear fender concept? It reminds me of that limited production Triumph from about 1959. A more-sleek modern interpretation. http://www.motorcycleclassics.com/classic-british-motorcycles/1959-triumph-speed-twin.aspx

Make no mistake. This bike was fast. It helped to have the 1029cc engine in it. Best no bar pass was 10.33 and best pass on the bar was 10.11 with the lightweight owner. Best no bar pass with me was 10.88 on the rear wheel (I could not keep the front end down period).

Made 132 rwhp motor only and 196 with nitrous (never did get a clean nitrous pass).

Sean

Latest posts

Back