Yamaha dealer Corbin seat??

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mild83

Reaction score
I was looking through some classifieds and came across a Corbin seat for a first gen Vmax. I currently have a Corbin on my first gen, but this one has a different texture, like a diamond pattern. It had a black tag on the back that read:

YAMAHA
Genuine Accessories
by Corbin

It looks older, but I just wanted to make sure it's legit before buying it. He said that it was offered from the dealership, which makes sense. Also, how much is one of these worth? It's in really good shape, no tears.

The Yamaha branded seats do NOT have the slot/hardware for adding the Corbin backrest. I recommend only buying the second gen Corbin branded seat. I have had all 3 versions on the Corbin and the latest version with the plug instead of the flap is MUCH better. Fueling is much easier and you can use a tailbag on the passenger portion and still fuel up without removing the bag. Most of the first gen seat users add a filler extension to ease fueling or just remove the seat every fill-up.

The Yamaha branded seats do NOT have the slot/hardware for adding the Corbin backrest. I recommend only buying the second gen Corbin branded seat. I have had all 3 versions on the Corbin and the latest version with the plug instead of the flap is MUCH better. Fueling is much easier and you can use a tailbag on the passenger portion and still fuel up without removing the bag. Most of the first gen seat users add a filler extension to ease fueling or just remove the seat every fill-up.

Hmm. I guess I never looked to see if my currentCorbin seat has the backrest hardware. I was going to pick this one up, mainyl because I like the way it looks more than mine. What would be a decent price to pick it up for?

Hmm. I guess I never looked to see if my current Corbin seat has the backrest hardware.

The little flap on the back will lift up and reveal a hole for the backrest bracket to slide into. The bottom of the seat has a place to screw the bracket to the seat so it cannot be pulled out and stolen. On the Yamaha version there is no hole or place to bolt the bracket in. Also I don't believe any of the second gen versions of the seat were offered by Yamaha.

Hmm. I guess I never looked to see if my currentCorbin seat has the backrest hardware. I was going to pick this one up, mainyl because I like the way it looks more than mine. What would be a decent price to pick it up for?

I have a corban seat with the diamond pattern and the back rest. I haven't sat on it yet. It looks a lot more comfortable for a passenger, than the stock seat.
If I like it I'll keep it and sell the sportmax seat I'm using now.
Steve-o

I was looking through some classifieds and came across a Corbin seat for a first gen Vmax. I currently have a Corbin on my first gen, but this one has a different texture, like a diamond pattern. It had a black tag on the back that read:

YAMAHA
Genuine Accessories
by Corbin

It looks older, but I just wanted to make sure it's legit before buying it. He said that it was offered from the dealership, which makes sense. Also, how much is one of these worth? It's in really good shape, no tears.

I had one and loved the way it looked.....never had a back rest on any of my VMaxs so I can't speak to that. The filler "flap" is a little of a PITA if you have big hands.......the "plug" is a tiny bit better but I don't like how it looks. The Original Yamaha venison was also quite a bit lighter I think... the newer Corbin's weigh a ton.

If the price is right and it fits your riding style I say but it.

Latest posts

Back