Yamaha not carrying Vmax after 2020

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I would have hoped Yamaha would make the 3rd Gen.
What a shame there are v-max prototypes in 2.1lt, 2lt, 1900cc, 1800cc in existence and Yamaha will not make any of them.

Hopefully if it is re-released it ends up not being a "parts bike" like so many manufacturers end up doing these days . So many bikes anymore have so little "soul" just another pile of plastic that has no character to it.
The big bike market is collapsing, any Gen, 3 will have to be a parts bike,,,or a rework of the Gen 1, frame, motor, suspension, electronics. I will buy one in a second.

I had one for a little over a year. Sold it back in February. I was planning on buying another one, new this time, the beginning of 2022. Not sure how much old stock they'll have left to sell by then. I know they didn't produce a lot to begin with compared to other models. Not really worried...used bikes will still be out there.

Let's face it the VMAX is a rude machine as discussed above. Also where does it fit in? I know we all love our VMAX's. But kind of in a class by itself.

I'd like to see a Gen3 like the rest. I'm a sport touring guy.. my buddy has a Kawasaki H2 SX LE I think it is. Supercharged inline 4 200 HP. Low 400 pounds I believe.

I'd like to see maybe a 1000-1500 cc supercharged or 2 superchargers V4. 250 HP. Shaft drive. 6+ gal tank. Nice hard bags. 400-450 # range. With a Center Stand!

Any other suggestions we can offer Yamaha for a Gen3?

Let's face it the VMAX is a rude machine as discussed above. Also where does it fit in? I know we all love our VMAX's. But kind of in a class by itself.

I'd like to see a Gen3 like the rest. I'm a sport touring guy.. my buddy has a Kawasaki H2 SX LE I think it is. Supercharged inline 4 200 HP. Low 400 pounds I believe.

I'd like to see maybe a 1000-1500 cc supercharged or 2 superchargers V4. 250 HP. Shaft drive. 6+ gal tank. Nice hard bags. 400-450 # range. With a Center Stand!

Any other suggestions we can offer Yamaha for a Gen3?
I think you want a Rocket 3,,or maybe just a roadster auto?

I see. So let me go back to this:

They did that already with the new rocket. Dropped weight, made it smaller, and now it's just a wanna be sports bike with bad handling and no one wants it.

We're not talking about a rocket. We're talking about a Vmax. The two aren't remotely related.

The rocket is a bloated inline 2.5 liter 3 cylinder, not a V4. It's basically a car engine, not a bike engine.

It's about the same size as a Gen 1 Vmax. It's the same length, has a longer wheel base, the same height, the same width basically and actually weights A LOT MORE than a Vmax. (Rocket 3 dry is 641.5 pounds, a full 10 pounds MORE than the Vmax wet weight.

I don't know what you're smoking, but pass some this way. I'd like to see what color the sky is in your world.

Yeah , I could see an improved version of the Gen 1 , give a choice on chain drive or shaft , better fuel range , Fuel Injection 1300cc block so many options are available or could be if Mother Yamaha would listen to the owners of the V-Max , but that is me living in a dream world !

Back