Yamaha not carrying Vmax after 2020

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What happened to Victory? I only saw a couple of them over the years but they looked like really nice bikes.

Polaris which made Victory motorcycles purchased the rights to Indian motorcycles. When they started making/selling Indians, Victory was deemed to be in conflict with Indian.... Indian has the history/prestige so, all of a sudden Victory wasn't selling enough units and was shut down. They were/are a fantastic motorcycle. The Vision's v-twin is good for 100k miles + . It has overhead cams and chain drive instead of pushrods. My Vision, two-up fully loaded gets 50 mpg cruising at 70+ mph. It also has the amazing ability to feel like it weighs 600 lbs instead of 950 as soon as you start rolling. Its definitely not the fastest bike but if you want to ride across several states It is great.

What a crock of crap. That's like GM killing Pontiac and keeping, of all things, Buick?

They'll live to regret that decision I think.

IMO Victory is a good bike What I THINK happened was they priced themselves out of the market (IMO) After all, they were going after the Bagger crowd, and if your bike is priced even CLOSE to a similiar HD model HD will always win out. So with little sales then proces dropping they faced the inevitable. Thats what I think happened anyway

I guess I was having trouble getting my point across. The current GEN two is too big and too heavy for what I like. I’m talking the spirit of a GEN one sub 500 pounds 200 hp.
I agree,never did like the look of the gen 2. It never did look like a cruiser to me. Looks more like a crotch rocket without the fairings and lowers. Basically a naked crotch rocket. I always thought a cruiser was supposed to have a more comfortable sitting position?

Hate to see the Vmax go. It would be such a waste to waste that engine though. Would be nice to see that engine put in the new gen venture. Can you say Gold Wing eater? It would all go full circle since the original v-max engine derived from the first gen venture.

I tell everyone the same thing, if I wanna cheat death another day I straddle the Gen2, if the wife wants to ride or I just I want comfort and creature features I'm on the 'Wing. :)
Did you consider the Venture? I sat on the Transcontinental at the bike show and was suitably impressed. I am inclined to stay Yamaha.

If I went Yamaha again if would be the FJR1300. On the pure touring side for Yamaha, I like the look of the Eluder better. (No crows nest)

Back