Yamaha not carrying Vmax after 2020

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I’m firmly with the, lets actually update the GEN one platform with mono shock drop some weight up the power improve the brakes handling blah blah blah and make it the baddest ass Sport cruiser that mankind has ever seen.

Other than the weight, that is a gen 2. I do like Bruiser's suggestion of a bit smaller motor with a chain drive option....and yeah, put it on a diet.

I’m not talking about “rocket” science. LOL. Ducati got it right with the Diavel. Put a snarling, growling, v8 sounding V4 in it and rule. Like apex predator rule. Handles, it’s fast and comfortable

Yeah , I could see an improved version of the Gen 1 , give a choice on chain drive or shaft , better fuel range , Fuel Injection 1300cc block so many options are available or could be if Mother Yamaha would listen to the owners of the V-Max , but that is me living in a dream world !

Diavel is not so hot. Its a twin first of all, its reliability is horrible as compared to a Gen 2, and its more expensive.

The Gen2 handles just fine and I've smoked 2 Diavels quite easily with my 2009 VMax.

If mother Yamaha cared about their loyal following, they'd build a Gen 3 with upgraded parts they could sell to Gen 1 owners. I'm all for a 1428 cc engine and like Christian said, monoshock frame. Have a crate engine program. And have Ohlin's design a front fork that's interchangeable too..

Sounds like I am only one of a few happy and content with their 2nd Generation. The only real issue I have with mine is the lack of fuel capacity and lack of storage capabilities. As for the OEM bags, besides looking great, they are almost totally useless. Cannot fit anything useful in them.

The bike is so powerful and beyond most people's capabilities, it is hard to imagine how they could take a leap forward to a 3rd Gen similar to the leap from Gen 1 to Gen 2. Add in the emissions standards and I think it may not happen.

As far as parts, the aftermarket has come to the rescue of the 1st Gen, although expensive, you can buy just about anything for them. I would imagine the Gen 2 will have a similar following.

I guess I was having trouble getting my point across. The current GEN two is too big and too heavy for what I like. I’m talking the spirit of a GEN one sub 500 pounds 200 hp.

The present conversation has nothing to do with the Gen2. We were all talking about going back to the smaller Gen1 and updating it.

The VMax will never fit in. It's way out in front, In a class all by itself. Lol. My dream bike..........

It would be interesting to see what a Gen3 could be, but sad reality is that it probably will never happen.

The size and weight of the Gen2 fits me very well, at 6' 240 smaller bikes just don't feel that comfortable to me. My Gen2 will never leave me, if I wasn't going to be cremated I'd have them stick it in the ground with me.

It would be interesting to see what a Gen3 could be, but sad reality is that it probably will never happen.

The size and weight of the Gen2 fits me very well, at 6' 240 smaller bikes just don't feel that comfortable to me. My Gen2 will never leave me, if I wasn't going to be cremated I'd have them stick it in the ground with me.
I was thinking of selling my 09 at 50k mi. In stead put in a 6 gal tank. Thinking I'll wait now to 100k mi. :)

If I ever get another bike, it's going to be a touring bike. If I had to buy one now, it would be the BMW K1600B.

A Gen 3 V-Max to me would come available with some options 1} A 1260 motor ,a } 1300 venture motor or a 1327 kit . 2} 18 " front with a 17" or 18" rear wheel , a bigger fuel tank an overdrive 5th gear for mileage or a stock gear box , optional cams for whatever motor you chose . Possibility of Chain drive and whatever wheels you want , lose 50 or 60 lbs. then go from there , just my .02 cents !

I see. So let me go back to this:

We're not talking about a rocket. We're talking about a Vmax. The two aren't remotely related.

The rocket is a bloated inline 2.5 liter 3 cylinder, not a V4. It's basically a car engine, not a bike engine.

It's about the same size as a Gen 1 Vmax. It's the same length, has a longer wheel base, the same height, the same width basically and actually weights A LOT MORE than a Vmax. (Rocket 3 dry is 641.5 pounds, a full 10 pounds MORE than the Vmax wet weight.

I don't know what you're smoking, but pass some this way. I'd like to see what color the sky is in your world.

I was replying to the post above mine which said:

I’m firmly with the, lets actually update the GEN one platform with mono shock drop some weight up the power improve the brakes handling blah blah blah and make it the baddest ass Sport cruiser that mankind has ever seen.

The rocket was a large muscle cruiser. The next gen model dropped a couple hundred pounds and made it into a smaller wannbe sports bike.

The Vmax is also a large muscle cruiser and the post I listed above advocated shrinking it down to more of a wannabe sports bike, just like they did to the rocket.

The rocket, vmax, and diavel have been compared many times in numerous motorcycle comparisons because they are very similar. Muscle cruisers. You may lack the IQ to realize that.

You added a personal insult because you are clearly a scumbag, now I see why you attacked my other thread. You have mental issues son.

The 2nd Gen's could start holding their value in used condition and maybe start going up in value in a few years. ? (that would be IF they are in Original Stock OEM Condition though)

Most markets are moving on from petrol engines. Electric is the new route to massive acceleration. In the UK we won't be able to buy a new petrol/diesel vehicle after 2030 and by 2040 the worldwide market will be tiny. Development of brand new models is dryng up already.

As one of the top m/c manufacturers I'd expect Yamaha to create a stunning range of new machines. Imagine a muscle bike that does 0-60 in 1.9 seconds. With the right aggressive styling I'd buy that as a Gen 3. My Nitrous Gen 2 would seem sluggish after that!

The rocket was a large muscle cruiser. The next gen model dropped a couple hundred pounds and made it into a smaller wannbe sports bike.
You really, really should look up what you're talking about BEFORE you post on it.

The heaviest the Rocket III ever weighed was 797 pounds wet in 2004. Today, it's wet weight is 702 pounds. So I don't know where you're getting the "Dropped a couple hundred pounds" crap. The only real weight loss came from not having hard cases, back rests, wind screens, and other cruiser accessories on it. The bike itself really hasn't changed that much at all.

It has the same wheel base, same width, same height, it lost length due again to not having back rests and other rear seat area accessories on it.

Nothing you've said has been correct at all. Not even close.

Well, that is exactly what it was designed to be from the very beginning.

Mission Accomplished, I'd say.
I think most were shocked at the weight and size and price of the machine, and lack of some real essential items

Back