Yamaha part numbers?

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

82ndCowboy

Supporting Member
Reaction score
What's the best way to get yamaha OEM part numbers?
My VMax needs a good overhaul on things like carb boots and fuel lines and vacuum hoses.
Would like to be able to look up all the oem part numbers and get the description and specs.
IAM NOT A FAN OF CHEAP SHIT.
I'll spend the money on originall parts or aftermarket, only if aftermarket is a better quality.

Last edited:
The fiche is usually available on the Yamaha website. Look up 2007 for the most current part numbers which will work for 90+ percent of any parts you would need regardless of the year.

If I'm ordering parts, I usually check several of the online retailers for pricing. I've used partzilla before but I usually use Ron Ayres, their pricing is usually lower. I also order through my local Yamaha dealer, now that one of my long-time friends is a manager there. He can offer me some decent discounts, though it's a bit of a hike to pick things up, nearly 30 miles one-way.

Sean has a good point on ordering off the 2007/last Gen. 1 year fiche. Often, when a piece is updated, they will sell-off the old remaining stock, and then the new, updated part # shows-up, with the old, obsolete part number lined-through. Of course some things, which Sean alluded-to, w/o naming them, are year specific, like the 1985-'89 CDI box and wiring diagram, and the 1985-1992 front forks and brakes.

If you have a question about something, check your specific year for the part # and then check the 2007 listing, and compare.

I think a lot of the websites having Yamaha fiche access also have reverse-lookup for parts numbers, handy if you have some stuff on the shelf, and you're trying to recall, "now, where does this O-ring go?" They list the models where that part is used.

Plus, don't forget that Sean Morley stocks a lot of parts and that his ability to answer questions about what you're getting can save you time and effort.

Last edited:
If I'm ordering parts, I usually check several of the online retailers for pricing. I've used partzilla before but I usually use Ron Ayres, their pricing is usually lower. I also order through my local Yamaha dealer, now that one of my long-time friends is a manager there. He can offer me some decent discounts, though it's a bit of a hike to pick things up, nearly 30 miles one-way.

Sean has a good point on ordering off the 2007/last Gen. 1 year fiche. Often, when a piece is updated, they will sell-off the old remaining stock, and then the new, updated part # shows-up, with the old, obsolete part number lined-through. Of course some things, which Sean alluded-to, w/o naming them, are year specific, like the 1985-'89 CDI box and wiring diagram, and the 1985-1992 front forks and brakes.

If you have a question about something, check your specific year for the part # and then check the 2007 listing, and compare.

I think a lot of the websites having Yamaha fiche access also have reverse-lookup for parts numbers, handy if you have some stuff on the shelf, and you're trying to recall, "now, where does this O-ring go?" They list the models where that part is used.

Plus, don't forget that Sean Morley stocks a lot of parts and that his ability to answer questions about what you're getting can save you time and effort.
Thanks guys.
And yes I know all about Morley and his muscle. He's gotten bundles of my money over the years.

Back