Yea Canada! Gun laws possibly changing...

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ghostntheshell

Reaction score
Hey there. Just watching the news.

For those of you Americans not keen on our silly Firearm laws -

A few years back - the government introduced legislation that forced all Canadian gun owners to "register" your firearms on a gun registry.

Basically the government has a list of where each and every REGISTERED firearm is.

This "registry" cost so much money, and I mean BILLIONS of dollars -all for what? So the government can know that farmer John has a shot gun and an old 303?

The idea behind it was to prevent "gun crime" - BECAUSE WE ALL KNOW THAT GUN CRIME IS COMMITTED WITH LAWFULLY REGISTERED FIREARMS....

The fact is most of our "gun crimes" come from guns (usually hand guns) smuggled in from America. Not by the average Joe and his or her longarms.

I am not knocking America - it's simply a fact that exists. I fully support America and your firearms laws.

SO: The current government is proposing we scrap the registry all together. As it has only cost money and prevented nothing. Resources could have been spent on much better boarder patrol / searching.

We'll see where it goes!!!

***side note: the gun registry list was "compromised" and now any criminal worth their salt has a list of homes to break into to steal their lawfully registered firearms***

I hear yeah "fear any goverment that fears your gun" :BoomSmilie_anim:
ours goes like this:

Amendment 2 - Right to Bear Arms. Ratified 12/15/1791. Note
A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

We have the right to bear arms this was put in by our fore fathers so no goverment could get to strong without the peoples ability to revolt and/or defend the UNITED STATE CONSTITUTION.

GUNS DO NOT COMMIT CRIMES CIMMINALS DO:bang head:

Canada has some of the greatest fishing & hunting on the planet. I hope they do relax the laws. I would love to fly in & do a "dream hunt" some year. I believe all countries are starting to learn that gun laws don't stop crime. GO CANADA !!!:punk:

One of the local communities here in GA. decided a few years back to make a law requiring every homeowner to own a gun. Can you beleive crime went down over 20% from the prevous year ? What a concept ! :punk:

One of the local communities here in GA. decided a few years back to make a law requiring every homeowner to own a gun. Can you beleive crime went down over 20% from the prevous year ? What a concept ! :punk:
I believe it was Kennesaw,Ga. It was that way when I lived in Atlanta back in the late 80's and early 90's. Too bad more communities didn't take up this stance!

Latest posts

Back