Yes. it is what you think it is

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fire-medic

Staff member
Reaction score
1674846802486.png1674846835458.png1674846879842.png

Or maybe you like the GM ponycar, first generation:

1674847092758.png

https://www.finalespeed.com/
Finale is the first company to offer full carbon-fiber bodies for 1968-1970 Dodge Chargers and first-generation Chevrolet Camaros. The Dodge Charger loses 1,000 pounds from the carbon-fiber body replacement. Starting at over 3200 pounds that makes this Black Menace 2,200 pounds. Can you say, 'Hellcat?' Bring stacks of money. Big stacks of money.

Those bodies look great but I'm sure they're not cheap
I like how the website says, for the body alone, investment starts at 200K and if you choose clear coat option another 20K. Frame from a reputable builder like Roadster Shop and crate Hellcat engine and trans, you can tack on another 100K. I imagine a turn key with all the goodies and options, including labor and materials, you would need 400K at your disposal. I'm probably light on that figure as well. I have to admit as a car guy, especially vintage muscle cars, I find these carbon fiber bodies to be amazing.

Are you serious 200k just for the body and 20 more just for clear coat holy $$$$ batman, I just looked at the website it says the Camaro starts at $429,000 man what a joke

Are you serious 200k just for the body and 20 more just for clear coat holy $$$$ batman, I just looked at the website it says the Camaro starts at $429,000 man what a joke
Yeh, but when you are down to your last $50m or so you have to have something to spend it on.
I suspect that you or I are not the target audience?

I'd rather have a carbon-fibre intensive Britten than one of those. They absolutely caned the previously-dominant Ducatis in AMA Battle of the Twins roadracing during the Last Millennium. I was there (Daytona Speedway) & I have pics.

You kno how many vmax we could save from the grave with all that coin?? That's like what 1000 carburetor rebuild/cleans assuming we get a deal
Just wondering what number you're using for that calculation. New OEM parts and labor for a set of carburetors can easily hit $800. dannymax would be very busy!

Instead of this vendor, contact Dynacorn and get a steel body, if you're on a budget. People who can afford carbon-fibre bodies probably aren't worried about the buy-in. Dynacorn Classic Bodies Homepage - Dynacorn Classic Bodies $13,500 for a '67 Pontiac Firebird convertible. That's only 6% of the cost of the Charger, w/o the clear-coat.

Dynacorn steel reproduction body 1967 Pontiac Firebird.png

I like the technology and I find that Charger to be beautiful, but the price is ridiculous and only for the uber wealthy. Even then if I had it, I wouldn't spend that kind of money on a vintage muscle car. I'd rather get a new all steel body, from Dynacorn and others are who selling them and make myself a restomod. I'd contact the Roadster Shop who's in my area and have one of their awesome frames with modern suspension built for it and drive the hell out of it.

Latest posts

Back