YES, Taking it to the Nines

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wasn't really expecting it to run as well as it did. First run off the trailer was a 10.35 with a launch RPM of 2,000 (thought they gave me the wrong ticket at first) and the fact that I was 250 lbs. that morning, out the shower to the scale so approx. 260/265 geared up. 2nd run launched at 2,500 rpm and went 10.31 before I tried it at 3,500 rpm to get the 10.19 !! Good times .....

I was trying to launch mine at 4k, then I tried 4500 and 4700. I am only 165 on the bike. Seemed like the sweet spot was around 4k and that's what got the 9.98 and 10.00. I am just so inconsistent working the clutch and throttle without standing it straight up:rolleyes:

Being 6'2" and 265 geared up, my center of gravity will be a little higher then most. Tried to launch at 4,500 and pulled an 11 O'clock wheelie. Only had time for the 5 passes but I tell you what with the new exhaust/air box mod and flash it's a whole different animal now. What a difference !! I can see a quick shifter, light weight battery and some aftermarket carbon or magnesium wheels and it's 9's all day !! What a fun bike !!!

Being 6'2" and 265 geared up, my center of gravity will be a little higher then most. Tried to launch at 4,500 and pulled an 11 O'clock wheelie. Only had time for the 5 passes but I tell you what with the new exhaust/air box mod and flash it's a whole different animal now. What a difference !! I can see a quick shifter, light weight battery and some aftermarket carbon or magnesium wheels and it's 9's all day !! What a fun bike !!!
You are close enough now that probably in a few more runs you will dip in the nines!!! I never put mine on the strip before I did MAB, DD, mid pipe w/stock mufflers and Nash flash but I know it came alive after those four mod's.😁

Sorry so much to read lmao but damn you have a very Special Bike. Be safe out there fellas and the next time your at a light or wrapped up in 2nd make you sure you Jump down on the Throttle for me one time.

I was trying to launch mine at 4k, then I tried 4500 and 4700. I am only 165 on the bike. Seemed like the sweet spot was around 4k and that's what got the 9.98 and 10.00. I am just so inconsistent working the clutch and throttle without standing it straight up:rolleyes:
I had my 07 at the Shop Last month having a tire put on. So for Shits and Giggles I walked over to the sales Floor and I'll be damned if a 2019 Wasn't sitting there right next to the Front door. 🤬🤬🤬🥰🥰🥰🥰 They was hesitant at 1st to grant my Wish until I told them I had a VVmax there getting work done. And out the Door we went so I was almost unable to Pay the Rent lol. They almost had me I can't believe we was only $1000.00 apart. I couldn't bring my self to trade simply because it's the last of the Mohicans ( 1st Gen ) me and my pops in mid to late 90s used to Run his 89 model at union hill. Any how Boys that 2nd Gen was just incredible I took it on an hour ride. I'm not busting on ( Isla ) she is a Very Special bike but Damn when I got back on mine to come home it was Like the worst sex ever, I mean it was like The worst Sex Ever lol. I'm getting a 2nd Gen. Eventually when I can do it with out trading my girl. I HAVE TO SAY IT OUT LOUD AND I KNOW YOU GUYS ARE FULLY AWARE THAT YOUR BIKE WILL FLAT GET DOWN. I AM CONFIDENT THAT IF I HAD A WEEK TO GET TO KNOW THE BIKE AND HER CHARACTERISTICS ID ROLL UP NEXT TO ANY STOCK BIKE OR CAR WITHIN REASON AND SLAP $100.00 ON A RED TO RED RUN. I THINK YOUR BIKE OWNS 0-100MPH AND ANYTHING A mike or less. Dont you guys think it would take a pretty special Rider on any other bike to beat you? I really think there is nothing within 25 miles of me that could take me.

Back