Youth deer hunt in Michigan...

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

2fear

Reaction score
I had a great time this weekend with my son Alex, we spent the weekend up at my father in laws place for this weekends youth deer hunt. After letting a deer go by Saturday morning because he wasn't comfortable with the shot presented, he got to fill his tag Saturday evening, he bagged a nice doe. Although he made a great shot the deer still managed to run about a half mile, so he got to learn some good night time tracking skills from dad and grand pa. I'm vary proud of my young man and the time spent was priceless.

Attachments

• DEER 2011 002.jpg
    DEER 2011 002.jpg
    62.7 KB · Views: 15
Good job alex. Chuck did he get to skin it. That was hard for me the first time around. After the skin was off it was just a big chunk of meet with a head.

Good job alex. Chuck did he get to skin it. That was hard for me the first time around. After the skin was off it was just a big chunk of meet with a head.

Yeah he helped skin and butcher it, he has been helping skin our deers for a few years now. He got to shoot his first deer last season, although he has been squirrel and rabbit hunting for about 4 seasons now. He guts and skins squirrel and rabbits also.

Back