YSS shocks online retailer or else ??

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jacksbugs

Reaction score
Hello vmaxers,

I'd like to upgrade my rear suspension from stock.
I looked at different options but none of them were the way I had pictured them in my mind...
I'm looking for something more "racing style" made of T6 aluminum.
Not much around for the vmax. I don't like the Progressive line(too much "cruiser" for me) and the yellow from the ohlins is too yellow. I'd like some touch of red. The works performance pro series look good but 1400$ for a pair of shocks, it's a bit too much.
I like the white power ones a lot but there's no model for the vmax.
So I ended up looking into YSS and their Z-366. I can't find any online retailer. There's only a number to call to order on the yssusa website.
Any idea where I could find them online ?
Or do you know any other types of shocks with that CNC Aluminum look that would be easier to find ?

Thanks !

Do you just want a reservoir shock? You could get some from a zrx. My works street trackers look great, I think. I had a penske on my fz1.. $$$$

That's okay if I don't get an external reservoir. The Z-366 from YSS doesn't have one.

I'd call works and see if they'll put a black spring on a set for you. Mine have plenty of machined aluminum on them, I think. The most important thing is that you get things sprung for your weight.

We are setup with Works and they will work with you on what you want within the line of stuff they offer (which is extensive). I also have Penske's though they are not cheap! They are pretty awesome though!

Attachments

• DSCF0021.jpg
    DSCF0021.jpg
    64.8 KB · Views: 57
One question though.
Where do you guys buy your shocks ? At a local store or online. Because even for a regular pair of Ohlins YA137, it's hard to find them online...

EDIT: after spending too much time searching on Google, I think I'm gonna end up buying a pair of Progressive 418.
They look good, they don't cost an arm and a leg and they're easier to find...
Any feedback from guys who have them would be appreciated.
Do I need standard or heavy duty springs ?
Is there anything to look at for the vmax when buying these shocks ?
Thanks.

Last edited:
Sean Morley (one2dmax) has access to any shock worth putting on a VMAX. He's also a top notch technical resource.

I think you'd be looking for 412's not 418's.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I bought a pair of 418's used.....and they are way better than stock.....of course basically ANYTHING is better than stock.

Back