YZF or Thunderace front wheel

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ah...well done Mr 02GF74, I wondered who would be the first to spot my deliberate mistake. :oops:
It should be inches not mm.
For those who have been metricated the max is 2058.3398mm and the T.cat 1810.258mm.

Going to give myself a good thrashing so I don't do that again!

Well, the wheel is in (for fitting purposes)

IMG_4142.jpg

I`m going to take away 2 mm from the wheel side of the brake disks surfaces so I do not have to fiddle with the break mounts.

I also got the speedo drive from the Thunder Cat (around 2000) and I can conform the ratio is different than the one from the Vmax. The difference is roughly 8 percent so that should cure the diff between the two rim types.

I`ll keep you updated on the progress!

Last edited:
Thanks MaxMidnight. Indeed based on those I bought the Thunder Cat wheel (mentioned ThunderAce in the previous post but that was a typo). I`ll let you know about my progress!

But we know they are different; the circumference of the Max tyre is 81.037 inches and the T.cat is 71.27. Therefore we know it will over read by about 12% with the T.cat front.

My guess is that it isn't as there is no need to alter the axle with the T.cat wheel...although you do need to change the axle when fitting a Diversion rear.
yes you do

View attachment 72301

I`m going to take away 2 mm from the wheel side of the brake disks surfaces so I do not have to fiddle with the break mounts.

I also got the speedo drive from the Thunder Cat (around 2000) and I can conform the ratio is different than the one from the Vmax. The difference is roughly 8 percent so that should cure the diff between the two rim types.

I've got 2 Divvy rear 17s plus 20/40/5 n0n standard bearings coming from Asia
god I hope the Vmax bearing spacer works.

I don't think that is correct Danny.
The T.cat speedo drive I bought had the same axle diameter (17mm) as the Max and all the fitting instructions I have seen makes no mention of changing the axle.
the question is how does the drive gear mate to the Xj 1000 wheel when the bearing is flush on the left.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210618-193103.png
    Screenshot_20210618-193103.png
    255.3 KB · Views: 9

View attachment 72301

so What gives? the Thunder Ace will be here by Mon. It isn't clear how the drive is going to work since the bearing is flush no apperatus to take the drive mech.

the question is how does the drive gear mate to the Xj 1000 wheel when the bearing is flush on the left.

Not sure if that is a typo but the T.cat is a YZF600
The Max and T.cat have a similar arrangement and use the same part (341*25149-00-00) to drive the (externally) identical speedo drive.

Not sure if that is a typo but the T.cat is a YZF600
The Max and T.cat have a similar arrangement and use the same part (341*25149-00-00) to drive the (externally) identical speedo drive.
Ok I see parts 3,4,5.. I have em..
Couldn't completely get the forks tuned.
Tiniest bit of Bounce won't go away even w 15 lbs in both forks. Prolly need to change the Torco 20W, really don't want to right now.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back