z 1000

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Your right rollie. I had an offer on my max and I was trying to think what other bike I might want in my price range. I would love a gen2 but little pricey for me now. Just want something as fast or faster than my max. I also love the low end torque of my bike but would like something that handels better.

I would take a look at the used Honda RC51 . I have seen some nice examples around $ 5K - $6K with low miles. :clapping:

Your right rollie. I had an offer on my max and I was trying to think what other bike I might want in my price range. I would love a gen2 but little pricey for me now. Just want something as fast or faster than my max. I also love the low end torque of my bike but would like something that handels better.

Attachments

• Honda '03 RC 51 - 7.jpg
    Honda '03 RC 51 - 7.jpg
    43.7 KB · Views: 25
Another reason I kind like the z1000 is its more upright riding position like the max.Don't like leaning over the bike on my wrists.

I would take a look at the used Honda RC51 . I have seen some nice examples around $ 5K - $6K with low miles. :clapping:

I am pretty-sure they are very heavy, the RC-51. I'll check: 460 lbs. Porky compared to newer bikes. The Superhawk is the same. They do have good performance because of the tune & V-twin design, capable of sub-11 second 1/4's.

http://www.motorcyclespecs.co.za/model/honda/honda_rc51_sp1.htm

http://www.motorcyclespecs.co.za/model/honda/honda_vtr1000f_%2001.htm

The FZ-09 looks like a good bike for the $ & @ $8K w/a warranty, a good value and a good performer, the equal (at least) of these Honda V-twins, but 60+ lbs lighter. That's a huge difference, and one that you will be reminded of each time you get onto it.

Cycle World:
Folks, we are talking mid-10s from a $7,990 motorcycle. And it’s not just the 107 hp and 62 pound-feet of torque the bike makes on the CW Dynojet dyno; it’s the fact that there are 43 pound-feet at just 2,000 revs and an excellent clutch that makes firing out the hole so easy. A 396-pound dry weight doesn’t hurt either.

And, it will spank the V-twin Hondas in a heads-up drag race, and do it w/a 3 cyl howl. http://www.cycleworld.com/2014/06/26/yamaha-fz-09-naked-motorcycle-riding-review-and-photos/
Yamaha-FZ-09-action-2-Riding-Impression-590x393.jpg

I'm a fan of the Ninja 1000 which is a more rounded/better equipped version of the Z1000.

sports bikes and mucell cruisers are not comparable.
its like comparing a hotrod to a lamborghini.
waste of time totally different vehicles :ummm:

attachment.php

Attachments

• rat-rod-vs-aventador.jpg
    rat-rod-vs-aventador.jpg
    46.7 KB · Views: 80
I have to agree with hellyear. They are just completely different rides. I have ridden the z1000 and loved it but I like both apples and oranges as well. It just depends on if you want a quick steering silky smooth inline 4 or you want a big brute?
I road my Max to test ride the Kwaka and almost turned into the first roundabout I came to. I am so used to physically steering the Max that jumping on a bike that practically turns by thought, caught me a little off guard. The power delivery is so silky smooth and linear that I also didn't realize just how fast I was going until I looked down and saw 150kph in a 100 zone. I love the Z1000 but it would have to be a 2nd or 3rd bike, not an only bike.

Surprised nobody has mentioned the obvious choice. B-King! Perfect mix of power and handling. I'm actually thinking about selling my bike collection and getting a first generation Camaro again, haven't been able to ride anywhere all spring due to shoulder surgery(s). Sucks getting old and falling apart!

The B-king is nice, but he didn't ask opinions on other bikes, he just asked if anyone could tell him about the Z1000. The choice of other nice bikes is almost endless.

The B-king is nice, but he didn't ask opinions on other bikes, he just asked if anyone could tell him about the Z1000. The choice of other nice bikes is almost endless.

YES ENDLES but that suzuki a nice looking bike but can see sum max in there lol

That's funny, because there were probably more comments about "other" bikes than the Z1000. Do I get my hand slapped for that? LOL! Just joining in on the fun! :punk:

That's funny, because there were probably more comments about "other" bikes than the Z1000. Do I get my hand slapped for that? LOL! Just joining in on the fun! :punk:

Yeah, I guess I was a little passive aggressive with that, sorry. I did scan through some of the post and yours was one of the last few that I read.
I really like this site and people have been a great help to me, but sometimes people get off subject just a little and then a few post later, it has nothing to do with the original question. Sorry again, I'll just bite my tongue and continue to enjoy the comments.

P.S. I do really like your B-King

No worries, life is too short to get upset about an internet post, and you are RIGHT, there are alot of new bikes that would be a good replacement for a 1st generation VMAX! Almost TOO many to choose from! :biglaugh:

The Z1000 is a good bike. The 2014 version even better than the 2010. (more low end torque and a little lighter).
But the FZ09 is fantastic! Best bang for the buck out there.

Dale

Latest posts

Back