Zen and the Art of Motorcycle Maintenance

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kronx

Reaction score
I just picked this up yesterday. I'm only about 50 pages in but I'm really enjoying it so far. Anyone else read this? If so, your thoughts?

I've heard of it but never read. IIRC it uses motorcycle maintenance as a metaphor for the philosophy of life and follow two different guys. One who is anal about maitenance and one who is lax and how it affects things.

Read it, enjoyed it and then dropped off the grid for two years learning I don't have the cojones to "live" it.

I started the audio book and got to the point where he and the gang got out of the storm and into a hotel. need to pick it back up. if your a insightful kind of person its a good read.

finally learned about tappits. hahaha

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk

Read it a few times over the years. Good book.

If you end up enjoying it then I HIGHLY suggest picking up any of the NON-FICTION various essays by Robert James Waller of "Bridges of Madison County" Fame.

His fiction work is a little sappy, (Ok, a lot sappy, but I like it)

But his non-fiction essays are extremely good and in my mind qualify as very good relatable modern day philosophy.

"One Good Road is Enough"

"Iowa: Perspectives on Today and Tomorrow"

"Old Songs in a New Café"

"The Summer Nights Never End...Until They Do: Life, Liberty, and the Lure of the Short-Run"

He's a motorcycle guy too, which doesn't hurt...

Read it this year, remember some parts were ok but others a little boring for my taste. The title threw me off, wished it was more mechanical-minded, but hey, I don´t like Shakespeare either and it has turned to be quite popular too.

Read it a few times over the years. Good book.

If you end up enjoying it then I HIGHLY suggest picking up any of the NON-FICTION various essays by Robert James Waller of "Bridges of Madison County" Fame.

His fiction work is a little sappy, (Ok, a lot sappy, but I like it)

But his non-fiction essays are extremely good and in my mind qualify as very good relatable modern day philosophy.

"One Good Road is Enough"

"Iowa: Perspectives on Today and Tomorrow"

"Old Songs in a New Café"

"The Summer Nights Never End...Until They Do: Life, Liberty, and the Lure of the Short-Run"

He's a motorcycle guy too, which doesn't hurt...

Thanks for the recommendations! I'll definitely check those out!

Just bought 3 books:

Jupiter's Travels by Ted Simon
Ghost Rider by Neil Peart
Old Songs in a New Cafe by Robert Waller

Thanks again for the recommendations Rusty!

Latest posts

Back