zx-14

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mymax04

Reaction score
On my way home last night stopped at the gas station & on my way out here comes this zx 14. Now we all know the max is fast & this is my first bike but anytime one goes by my work place my head turns to see what it is. I guess im just a bike lover always have been & if I dont see them then you can bet my 3 year old will point it out. Anyhow Ive seen this bike go by on a daily basis for about a month & knew just by the sound that it was on the list of "faster than mine" so here he is next to me pulling his helmet off. Usually it is my bike that is the conversation starter but not this time. I dont know if I am saying this right but the first thing I noticed was that it took about 30 seconds after the bike was shut off for the turbo to spool down? (stop spinning) so we started talking first about exhaust. the sound of a bike has always got me. I cant remember what he said it was... started with mish or something, been around since the 70's he said. then it was horse power. Dont quote me (my memory sucks) 370! This thing is a freakin MONSTER. 17 pounds of boost... crazy...we talked for about 1/2 hour. I know im leaving alot out but he said hes taking it to texas (motorspeedway?) soon to try and do 220mph. to make a long story short Im sure some people have seen or at least heard about bikes like this but this is apparently state of the art stuff & it still has me kind of worked up so I thought I would share. Ill get more facts and some links in the future. & even having that bike he was still impressed with the soud of mine & said that it was no slouch.... B.S mine is a boat anchor compared to his. we'll see when we go riding. Exciting huh?

370 on 17lbs of boost is probably pretty darn close. Those bikes make power on the turbo's.

Sean

On my way home last night stopped at the gas station & on my way out here comes this zx 14. Now we all know the max is fast & this is my first bike but anytime one goes by my work place my head turns to see what it is. I guess im just a bike lover always have been & if I dont see them then you can bet my 3 year old will point it out. Anyhow Ive seen this bike go by on a daily basis for about a month & knew just by the sound that it was on the list of "faster than mine" so here he is next to me pulling his helmet off. Usually it is my bike that is the conversation starter but not this time. I dont know if I am saying this right but the first thing I noticed was that it took about 30 seconds after the bike was shut off for the turbo to spool down? (stop spinning) so we started talking first about exhaust. the sound of a bike has always got me. I cant remember what he said it was... started with mish or something, been around since the 70's he said. then it was horse power. Dont quote me (my memory sucks) 370! This thing is a freakin MONSTER. 17 pounds of boost... crazy...we talked for about 1/2 hour. I know im leaving alot out but he said hes taking it to texas (motorspeedway?) soon to try and do 220mph. to make a long story short Im sure some people have seen or at least heard about bikes like this but this is apparently state of the art stuff & it still has me kind of worked up so I thought I would share. Ill get more facts and some links in the future. & even having that bike he was still impressed with the soud of mine & said that it was no slouch.... B.S mine is a boat anchor compared to his. we'll see when we go riding. Exciting huh?

You sure he was talking about the exhaust system or the turbo kit itself? The exhaust system on a turbocharged bike is nothing special, its the turbo kit itself thats normally named and talked about.
Mr. Turbo has been around since the 70's(acutally before then) and is currently making a kit for the ZX-14. Maybe thats what he was saying? Would sound simmilar to "mish". Kindof "mishterturbo"? Maybe not.

There is a co-ower of a motorcycle dealer(Max's Kawasaki) in Abilene that is currently putting one of Terry Kizers kits(Owner of Mr. Turbo)on his 06 ZX-14. He asked me if i would make some passes on it when he gets it done. I told him i'd think about it...(yeah right!). I was shaking my head yes before he finished his sentence!

Is it me or does that naked Busa look better than a B King to anyone else?:ummm:

You sure he was talking about the exhaust system or the turbo kit itself? The exhaust system on a turbocharged bike is nothing special, its the turbo kit itself thats normally named and talked about.
Mr. Turbo has been around since the 70's(acutally before then) and is currently making a kit for the ZX-14. Maybe thats what he was saying? Would sound simmilar to "mish". Kindof "mishterturbo"? Maybe not.

There is a co-ower of a motorcycle dealer(Max's Kawasaki) in Abilene that is currently putting one of Terry Kizers kits(Owner of Mr. Turbo)on his 06 ZX-14. He asked me if i would make some passes on it when he gets it done. I told him i'd think about it...(yeah right!). I was shaking my head yes before he finished his sentence!

If your close to the Texas Mile down there I will let you know when hes going down there.
Hes got a guy that is going to run it at a halfway local strip (eddyville...sp?) Its about 2 hrs away.....
I guess 220 mph around Texas compared to some of the past bikes & 4 wheelers isnt all that high. I dont know what he will get out of it besides bragging rights. something to do I guess. Ive seen that video of the ghostrider that dude is nuts too. I'll get more details on the bike when we go for a putt. I just thought it was pretty cool to actually see one in person. weve all seen videos. This dudes got alot of time & money wrapped up in this thing. maybe its the passion. Im pretty sure it = the passion I have for my max.....Too bad my wallet doesnt match his.

Latest posts

Back