ZX14 masters

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CaztheClash

Reaction score
I have the opportunity to buy a set of ASV shorty levers for next to nothing, but they won't fit on my bike in it's current state. I've ordered master cylinders from a Kawasaki ZX14 that the levers will fit on, which includes the levers, master, and reservoirs, and reservoir bracket. Basically I want to know what else I'll need. I don't imagine the brake light switch will mount up correctly on the new masters, so what will I need? Also, if any of you fellers know of reservoirs that will fit ZX masters that aren't mounted to the bars with the little bracket that came with the masters, I'd appreciate the tips. The clear plastic reservoirs included are ass ugly and I want 'em gone already.

You need to buy the matching switches for the master cylinders...Or buy a banjo bolt switch. If you find anything out about reservoir options, post it up. I'd like to find something myself. I'm running a zx14 clutch master and a accossato brake.

Awesome. Thank you kindly! As for the the hideous plastic reservoir on the ZX master, what did you mount it to? Mine comes with the bracket meant to mount it to the Kawa bars, but I"m not sure what I'll attach it to on my 'Max.

My reservoir is mounted to the clamp that holds the master cylinder on the handle bars. I did not have a bracket so just made a piece out of stainless. I just removed the top bolt, slid my bracket over the bolt, then re-installed.

The accosato master came with a similar setup so I figured why not make em match.

I had the same idea and that is still an on-going project for my '98 Vmax. Bought the ZX14 reservoirs (brake & clutch) new but just pulled from a 2009 ZX14. Didn't like the plastic reservoirs and wanted the aluminum ones that mount directly to the masters. At the end, I decided to go cheapo and went with the plastic reservoirs (ZX14) with some adjustable brackets that mount over the mirror mount hole. Either way, I would recommend buying master's clamp mirror mounts; you don't need additional mounts in the handle bar to mount your mirrors. You can check the following thread for a lot of information and ideas: http://www.vmaxforum.net/showthread.php?t=26880&highlight=kawasaki

Here are some ideas:

yanashiki.com for Nissin Masters Aluminum Reservoirs

For the adjustable brackets: http://www.ebay.com/itm/271165485269?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649

For the master's mirror mount clamp: http://www.ebay.com/itm/32090724121...AX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649#ht_1336wt_900

Yes, you can install the Yana Shiki reservoirs but you are going to pay $120 plus for them. Others may be also available but they cost dearly. Hope this helps.

Attachments

• MBR10CH-2.jpg
    MBR10CH-2.jpg
    32.7 KB · Views: 25
  • IMG_4034.jpg
    IMG_4034.jpg
    97.3 KB · Views: 23
  • $(KGrHqJHJB!E-EtEG7n)BPsjNeduBw~~60_58.jpg
    $(KGrHqJHJB!E-EtEG7n)BPsjNeduBw~~60_58.jpg
    39.3 KB · Views: 24
Regarding the brake and clutch switches....the OEM Kawasaki ones should work (so I have been told). I think they should. I also thought about those at one time. I decided to buy the Kawasaki ones that attached underneath the masters. No need to impose the need for more pressure in the system (the banjo switches work under pressure). Do buy extra crush washers for your banjo bolts.

When buying the master's clamp style mirror mount, these come only with right hand thread for your mirrors. Yamaha mirrors are one right hand and left hand. I bought some adapters which didn't work and at the end I bought a new set of mirrors (both right hand).

Just things to have in mind.

Tons of information. Thanks! To mount the reservoirs I ended up getting aluminum mirror mount clamps on Amazon and attaching the bracket to those. I have CRG bar end mirrors so I'm all set. In my opinion, the ASV shorty levers I have now are a HUGE improvement over any made for Vmax masters, so it was well worth the trouble switching over to Nissins.

I was wrong. Mine did come with a bracket. I had to make an adapter to bolt it up to the handlebar clamp on the master. Not blingy but it works and the price was right!

Attachments

• 2013-06-10 22.42.26.jpg
    2013-06-10 22.42.26.jpg
    62.1 KB · Views: 33

Latest posts

Back