Could someone help me identify a part

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

EAGLEPI

Reaction score
I took my bike apart over a month ago and I make notes so I know where things go, even down to what bolts etc.

I goofed and forgot to make notes for the following part, I think it goes under the fake tank but couldn't see how it would fit in. I have my bike re flashed by Tim Nash, I mentioned that so you would know that I don't have a airbox anymore.

Can you tell me what this is and where does it go? I know a dumb mistake..

notsure.jpg

Is that not the piece for the top of the air box?
Tims reflash removes the air box now? I didn't know that.

Yeah that is what I thought but don't remember where it was when took the bike apart.

I have 4 large round K&N filters where the airbox would be. I'll have to look until I can find where it goes.

The only place it really fits is where I have it in one of the following pictures. It doesn't attach with any screws or bolts.

box1.jpg

box2.jpg

box3.jpg

looks like the rest of your box is missing ? I have the monster big air setup that looks like similar to what you have I think . Also your filters don't look like they were oiled maybe its the light not sure. Take one filter off and take a pic of where filter connects on bike..

looks like the rest of your box is missing ? I have the monster big air setup that looks like similar to what you have I think . Also your filters don't look like they were oiled maybe its the light not sure. Take one filter off and take a pic of where filter connects on bike..

yes it is I had Tim Nash reflash it and I have a big air kit so that piece is sometimes bolted to the air scoops I just found out from Tim Nash so thanks for replting.

Just brought it in April and haven't even been able to ride it yet, long story and don't want to get into that all over again.

I was thinking the same thing when I saw the filers, I will try to clean them and if that doesn't help I'll buy a new set, in fact I might just buy a new set anyway.

marsmax85 do you know what size or even a part number for the 4 big K&N filters
Thanks

Go to Autozone and buy some K&N filter oil. Spray the filters giving them a light coat. Allow them to dry. The filters will then look red......because the oil is red.

There is NO reason to buy new filters....unless you just want to spend the money.

Go to Autozone and buy some K&N filter oil. Spray the filters giving them a light coat. Allow them to dry. The filters will then look red......because the oil is red.

There is NO reason to buy new filters....unless you just want to spend the money.

Thanks I will do that tomorrow.

The parts person should know what your looking for.

Attachments

• cone-4s.jpg
    cone-4s.jpg
    6.5 KB · Views: 12
That's exactly what I meant.

That is what I thought you meant also, since everyone is in agreement that cleaning and applying new oil the filter is the best way to go that is what I will do.

I appreciate everyone who replied

Since a few of you mentioned that my K&N filters needed to be cleaned and oiled. As I always do when I get advice especially when several members agree on the same thing I always do what they suggest as you know more than I do.

I just took my fake tank cover off with the scoops and the piece that is left over from my airbox. Now I was looking at the filters and they do need cleaning and new oil it wesn't the lighting.

One thing I looked at and tried to see how to get it out of the way to access the filters was the display that shows all the information. Is there a special way I can disconnect that to get it out of the way so I can remove the filters to clean and oil them again.

I would appreciate any and all help

Been awhile since I took mine off but I'm sure its just a few screws or bolts that secure it . I think I just left the wiring connected ..

Yeah I looked and looked and couldn't see how to disconnect it, I know it is most likely the most simple way possible but for the life of me I can see how. Also if I disconnect it will it wipe the memory?

It's be nice to know all this crap........lol

BEFORE
box2.jpg

AFTER Better now????? They are a lot darker so it must have been the lighting, before I cleaned and oiled they were white

box4.jpg

Back