Help me someone

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Blaze Hudelson

Reaction score
What's up everyone, my name is Blaze. I have a 1988 Vmax 1200. I've been building it for the past few years and seems like everything works great, then something-else goes completely wrong somewhere else. Yesterday I was riding on the highway and my wire harness caught fire. Now I'm replacing my wires. I don't have the correct wire diagram. It's beginning to piss me off badly. Can somebody help me out here please? Let me know where I can find this? (Ed. note: I did) This is my very own build and my first build alone without help. I'm stressed to the max. If anyone can please help me out I just need the right diagram for the electrical wires.

Attachments

• received_1030141158032685.jpeg
    received_1030141158032685.jpeg
    114.3 KB · Views: 1
  • 20231223_031938.jpg
    20231223_031938.jpg
    4.5 MB · Views: 1
Last edited by a moderator:
A tip, use the search function, upper-right.

1703725270726.png
I'm unsure how much you use a computer, but if you enlarge this to the size of an 8-1/2" X 11" page, and print it in color, it will be much easier to read and to use. I suggest slipping it into a clear plastic sheet protector, you can get them at Office Depot or Staples, cheaply. Get the one which is closed on 3 sides. They have ones which have 3 holes for a 3-ring binder.

You need to make a copy of this (below) and place it into a binder, a 3-ring notebook is what I use.
https://dn790009.ca.archive.org/0/i...ice-manual/yamahavmaxvmx12-service-manual.pdf
Also save it on your computer.

Last edited:
A tip, use the search function, upper-right.

View attachment 92357
I'm unsure how much you use a computer, but if you enlarge this to the size of an 8-1/2" X 11" page, and print it in color, it will be much easier to read and to use. I suggest slipping it into a clear plastic sheet protector, you can get them at Office Depot or Staples, cheaply. Get the one which is closed on 3 sides. They have ones which have 3 holes for a 3-ring binder.

You need to make a copy of this (below) and place it into a binder, a 3-ring notebook is what I use.
https://dn790009.ca.archive.org/0/i...ice-manual/yamahavmaxvmx12-service-manual.pdf
Also save it on your computer.
I try it out thank you also I was curious on do you know anything about making my vmax1200 into something much more faster ?😈

I try it out thank you also I was curious on do you know anything about making my vmax1200 into something much more faster ?😈
The cheapest way is NOS. A big-bore engine has a lot of +'s going for it. Not cheap. There is a 1300cc Venture case which can be used to get an extra 100cc. Search for info on that, and try Sean Morley [email protected]

It's very easy, spend lots of money. On top of any engine work you will also need to spend on brakes and suspension.

One further suggestion that may help - get a Service manual, Haynes or Clymer manual all of which all have wiring diagrams in them.

MaxMidnight is right - you can spend lots of money to make a Vmax faster, but if you want a fast bike the cheapest way is to just go out and buy one. There are plenty out there a lot faster than a Vmax1200. You could try a VMAX1700 for a start...

Back