Shady Dealings

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Theelabeau

Reaction score
I had seen where a few of you guys had good luck with a certain site buying things for Max's. I don't want to publicly call them out here but I was purchasing a T boost controller. I paid and waited. And waited. And waited. Finally after no product and no communication from seller, I emailed. Was told it would mail out next day. Well next day nothing. The following day a tracking number came. After several days of no package acceptance by usps, I messaged asking for a refund. He obviously was just holding a label and not shipping my purchase. No communication after that. Finally messaged again asking if it was coming or not. I received a sarcastic response saying he had refunded me. Well, after two weeks, and no money, I contacted paypal, they said that he had posted a refund but his bank didn't have the funds. Now a case open. And nothing but blistering insulting emails from seller. I hope no one else has to go through this. Unbelievable.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We usually name the good and the bad here. That way a Brother doesn't get screwed by the same vendor. And welcome. Forum vendors are our best bet, but sometimes I buy off E-bay. There's power in numbers too.
Steve-o

I had seen where a few of you guys had good luck with a certain site buying things for Max's. I don't want to publicly call them out here but I was purchasing a T boost controller. I paid and waited. And waited. And waited. Finally after no product and no communication from seller, I emailed. Was told it would mail out next day. Well next day nothing. The following day a tracking number came. After several days of no package acceptance by usps, I messaged asking for a refund. He obviously was just holding a label and not shipping my purchase. No communication after that. Finally messaged again asking if it was coming or not. I received a sarcastic response saying he had refunded me. Well, after two weeks, and no money, I contacted paypal, they said that he had posted a refund but his bank didn't have the funds. Now a case open. And nothing but blistering insulting emails from seller. I hope no one else has to go through this. Unbelievable.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
You can contact your credit card company and open a claim. They can get it back.
Paypal and Ebay can only do so much but your credit card company can do more.

Our forum is as great as it is because we are a community dedicated not just to our bikes but the spirit of cooperation and mutual support. In order for it to continue to be the special place that it is, as Steve-o said we call out those that need to be and police ourselves from within.

I got good info off that sight but lack of feedback kept me from ordering anything, besides the overwhelmingly positive reviews and inventory for Morley sort of took out the need to roll the dice. +1 on a card, I have one through my credit union and never ever carry a balance, its strictly for the buyer protections and its well worthwhile in the sea of online shopping and unfamiliar retailers. I use ebay with paypal often and I've had good luck on the couple occasions the seller flaked/lied and I needed to open a case. Not sure how paypal alone would be for that.

Sounds like my dealings with APEX Battery but I'm still in the process. Warranty's been approved on my battery but no notification of shipping yet. Couple weeks into the process. If they do send it out I'll let everyone know, if they don't you'll hear absolutely everything.

Back