What did you do to your Vmax today? Part 2

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I finished putting everything back together and went for a ride :biglaugh:

Attachments

• tourmax1.jpg
    tourmax1.jpg
    87.6 KB · Views: 52
  • tourmax2.jpg
    tourmax2.jpg
    108.5 KB · Views: 55
Good looking seat!!

That seat needs to be re-done, along with a lot of other stuff. :)
Previous owner did not care for the bike correctly..

That's quite the change man! It's what the Venture should have been!

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

That's quite the change man! It's what the Venture should have been!

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

It surprised a few already stop light to stop light. It may not have the nitrous or the airshifter on it anymore, but It's still a cammed 1300+cc powerplant with some nice flowing heads.

Now there is a box with some gofast goodies in it, waiting for the next project. Hopefully by next spring, I'll get it underway.

All finished for the year with the exception of fabbing up the highway pegs.

• The first 3 pics are just the front right and left quarter and the rear quarter. Yup, no more IXIL muffler. It has been replaced with a shortened, repacked trapp.
  • The instrument pic is just my cell as my speedo (surprisingly accurate) oil pressure, fuel level, and engine temp.
  • The next two are just my LED lights on low and high beam.
  • The last pic is the left neck cover and the USB charging plug.
  • ....And last but not least, the sound of the trapp.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_li-j7Cqk20

Attachments

• Arch2016_front_a2.jpg
    Arch2016_front_a2.jpg
    122.8 KB · Views: 23
  • Arch2016_front_b.jpg
    Arch2016_front_b.jpg
    90.6 KB · Views: 23
  • Arch2016_Back.jpg
    Arch2016_Back.jpg
    103 KB · Views: 23
  • Arch2016_Instruments.jpg
    Arch2016_Instruments.jpg
    101.4 KB · Views: 24
  • Arch2016_light_a.jpg
    Arch2016_light_a.jpg
    91.7 KB · Views: 24
  • Arch2016_light_b.jpg
    Arch2016_light_b.jpg
    94.7 KB · Views: 24
  • Arch2016_USB.jpg
    Arch2016_USB.jpg
    66.3 KB · Views: 22
Installed an ADDITIONAL shift light.
I have a progressive shift light that I'm very happy with. It's completely programmable. First light on the left comes on at 6,000 RPM, then progresses up to the red light on the right at 9,200 RPM.

But I recently found this "regular" shift light, which has a large red LED light. About $10 from China with free shipping to my house in Hungary. Why not? :biglaugh:
My progressive red shift light was kind of small, and I found myself focusing too much attention to the small light. Plus these eyes are getting older...

I got it wired up today and it works! I had to lose the windshield to make room. Notice I attached it with a hose clamp to the speedometer (everything well insulated from the chrome to prevent damage or scratches). I also connected the wiring with insulated connectors that can be disconnected easily if I choose to remove it.

NOTE: I had to attach the tach wire directly to the back of the tachometer gauge. The instructions say to connect to the coil's - wire (red and white), but this does not work.

Looks more like "business in the front" now. Ha ha...

IMG_0362sm_zpseuxderae.jpg

IMG_0364sm_zpsmhi6jayb.jpg

All finished for the year with the exception of fabbing up the highway pegs.

• The first 3 pics are just the front right and left quarter and the rear quarter. Yup, no more IXIL muffler. It has been replaced with a shortened, repacked trapp.
  • The instrument pic is just my cell as my speedo (surprisingly accurate) oil pressure, fuel level, and engine temp.
  • The next two are just my LED lights on low and high beam.
  • The last pic is the left neck cover and the USB charging plug.
  • ....And last but not least, the sound of the trapp.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_li-j7Cqk20

Redefining the term 'Power Cruiser'!

Very cool KJ!! :thumbs up:

installed an additional shift light.
I have a progressive shift light that i'm very happy with. It's completely programmable. First light on the left comes on at 6,000 rpm, then progresses up to the red light on the right at 9,200 rpm.

But i recently found this "regular" shift light, which has a large red led light. About $10 from china with free shipping to my house in hungary. Why not? :biglaugh:
My progressive red shift light was kind of small, and i found myself focusing too much attention to the small light. Plus these eyes are getting older...

I got it wired up today and it works! I had to lose the windshield to make room. Notice i attached it with a hose clamp to the speedometer (everything well insulated from the chrome to prevent damage or scratches). I also connected the wiring with insulated connectors that can be disconnected easily if i choose to remove it.

Note: I had to attach the tach wire directly to the back of the tachometer gauge. The instructions say to connect to the coil's - wire (red and white), but this does not work.

Looks more like "business in the front" now. Ha ha...

img_0362sm_zpseuxderae.jpg

img_0364sm_zpsmhi6jayb.jpg

nice!!

Oh happy day :eusa_dance: A big box chock full of carbon fiber from Thailand arrived today! It showed up a few weeks ahead of schedule so I'm ecstatic. Now the Max is dressed properly for business:punk:
20160524_114020.jpg

20160524_164412.jpg

20160524_164336.jpg

20160524_164305.jpg

That god damned tail light is really stressing me out :barf:

Oh happy day :eusa_dance: A big box chock full of carbon fiber from Thailand arrived today! It showed up a few weeks ahead of schedule so I'm ecstatic. Now the Max is dressed properly for business:punk:
20160524_114020.jpg

20160524_164412.jpg

20160524_164336.jpg

20160524_164305.jpg

That god damned tail light is really stressing me out :barf:

Looks great, I've always liked the carbon fiber look! I do have a question about your fork brace, which I believe is a Exactrep product? The reason I ask is since I put on the 18" tires on Carrozzeria wheels the spacing of the tire to fender looks a little odd to me and the fork brace you have looks like it pushes the fender a little closer than the stock fork brace does, can you confirm this?

Looks like a stock fork brace to me? The mega braces is thicker at the bolt mounting locations.

That's a stock fork brace, but it does seem like there are two stock versions out there. I swapped to a 120 front tire before ordering the fenders and almost screwed myself over. It BARELY clears, especially on the sides. One rock and it's all over!
camera-p.jpg

Looks like a stock fork brace to me? The mega braces is thicker at the bolt mounting locations.
Here is my fork brace which does not have a drop like Nubicon's.
IMG_1779.jpg IMG_1777.jpg
I have since added a small 1/4" spacer on the front bolts so the front is closer to the tire but the rear is also further away from the tire.
IMG_2430.jpg 2014-09-21 17.05.29.jpg

That's a stock fork brace, but it does seem like there are two stock versions out there. I swapped to a 120 front tire before ordering the fenders and almost screwed myself over. It BARELY clears, especially on the sides. One rock and it's all over!
camera-p.jpg
That is tight but looks like it would work better with radials, which would give you a little more room.

Back