Megadeth1/ riding gear.

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

megadeth1

Reaction score
Anyone out there ever rode with dirt bike boots for the street, given maximum, shin, ankle protection. Just tell me if its a stupid idea.I respect everyones input. Yes I did try it,:ummm: and shifting is not to bad.

Whatever you find comfortable that provides adequate protection is what you should wear.....

NO SNEAKERS

$0.02 deposited

Whatever you find comfortable that provides adequate protection is what you should wear.....

NO SNEAKERS

$0.02 deposited

I agree with that , i knew a guy that got hit by a car wearing sneakers and his feet ended up a real mess and then i had a mate wearing full leathers (jacket , pants and boots) slide over in the wet doing around 170kmph slide for over 100 metres ended up on a grass verge and just got a few burns .:punk:

My brother was hit/ hit a late 70's Cadillac, he was wearing tennis shoes. Seems when he hit the big ol' bumper his foot was still on the brake. When I went to pickup the bike his show was still attached to the bike, the brake pedal was wrapped around it and jammed up next to the frame along with the foot peg. I think he was lucky that he flew off the bike (across the road about 80' down) and not under it. He broke his back and has the fused vertebrae that still gives him pain.
Make sure you get good quality gear. Helmet, armored jacket, sturdy gloves that fasten on, strong soled/ armored boots, and riding pants because jeans are just a little better than shorts.

Back