Throttle Cable Extensions

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rdbul

Reaction score
I have a new set of bars on the way, which will necessitate extending everything running to them. Now hoses and wires are easy for me. The cables, not so much. I have seen that Motion Pro can make them to order, though they are not cheap. I am keeping the stock throttle sleeve/ switch set up. Can anyone advise what the best method of attack is for this problem?

I am a motion pro dealer and can supply the cables easily enough. We have done a few different custom lengths for customers including the ones pictured here. Cost varies depending on if you wanted the standard black or the braided armor coat.

Attachments

• IMG_20150311_143644_896.jpg
    IMG_20150311_143644_896.jpg
    73.1 KB · Views: 69
I am a motion pro dealer and can supply the cables easily enough. We have done a few different custom lengths for customers including the ones pictured here. Cost varies depending on if you wanted the standard black or the braided armor coat.

Holy crap that bike don't even need a kickstand that can is big enough to hold it up on its own.

LOL, yea - super deep tone. Bike made 145 rwhp (it's one of our 1300 builds).

Great!

Sean I'll get in touch with you after I figure out what I need.

Thank You

Worked like a champ!

I now have a set of throttle cables with custom length and arrangement (for my Joker Machine, Hardley style throttle) in stainless casing for less than $100. The best part is if I ever have issues with a snapped cable on any bike I know how to repair it for a couple dollars

Alright man, but just a peak. Once I get these bars all buttoned up I'm going to do a proper write-up on my new stuff. Kinda betting this one ain't been done before.

If your looking for a tutorial on how to do it, follow the link in my previous post to the chop cult forum. The gentlemen I spoke to at Flanders cable was incredibly helpful and sent me all the right stuff, the first time. Its refreshing when you can call a place that "specializes" in something and get someone that genuinely know his s**t. Its kinda like calling ol' Sean Morely.

Attachments

One part lines really suck to install. The push pull is also a safety thing so not too bad to have it as a 4 part set.

Back