What did you do to your Vmax today? Part 2

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Everything's in place. Still popping while cruising. The front right carb's fuel mixture screw is completely stripped... any ideas of how to get that out? There's no chance of a screwdriver working.

Everything's in place. Still popping while cruising. The front right carb's fuel mixture screw is completely stripped... any ideas of how to get that out? There's no chance of a screwdriver working.

Have you tried a tight-fitting drinking straw, Mr.Dose? If it doesn't work by itself, maybe add some glue, such as silicone caulking or "Goop", let it setup overnight, then try turning it out. Adding air pressure from the backside while turning might help as well.
Cheers!

The straw method was just to pull one out once it was unthreaded. You have a more intense situation then that. It will require drill and extraction. POSSIBLY replacemnet.

I'm thinking of hitting it with a very small drill but then tapping a torx into it and trying that. Heard of it working with little to no chance of damaging the carb body. Also saw this...image.jpg

I pulled the rubber gasket back down on the locking cap for my tour tank. Apparently there were instructions saying not to push it down and try to turn it. Oh well. It seems to be as good as it's gonna be right now. Not a bad seal, but not what I thought it would be like.

Also, my wife's cousin's kids got to take some pictures sitting on the bike. They were very excited, but scared to start it or even be near when it was running.

Did about 200 miles today. Took Rt 201 to Rt 1 down to South Portland and back. A bit windy, especially once I got down to the coastal areas, but beyond that, it was a perfect riding day

Tested my new windshield position. Not bad, but not a big improvement, so I came back and fiddled with it some more. We'll see if it's different tomorrow.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

I won the Best Old School Bike Award at a Hogs and Heroes Bike Show Saturday.
See the Harley Guys really do appreciate a Bad Ass Vmax. :D

Attachments

• Best-Old-School-Bike-Award-Hogs-n-Heroes.jpg
    Best-Old-School-Bike-Award-Hogs-n-Heroes.jpg
    58.1 KB · Views: 34
  • Best-Old-School-Bike-Award-Hogs-n-Heroes-Side-View.jpg
    Best-Old-School-Bike-Award-Hogs-n-Heroes-Side-View.jpg
    94.4 KB · Views: 41
  • Best-Old-School-Bike-Award-Hogs-n-Heroes-Plaque-Close-Up.jpg
    Best-Old-School-Bike-Award-Hogs-n-Heroes-Plaque-Close-Up.jpg
    81 KB · Views: 34
  • VMax_Burnout-Fresh-Victims.jpg
    VMax_Burnout-Fresh-Victims.jpg
    113.2 KB · Views: 41
Congrats.....lol....they were probably afraid that your bike would bite...if they didn't give you an award. And that's why people won't park next to you. Your bike bites.

Sent from my SCH-R890 using Tapatalk

LOL Eric.
The funny part is I didn't even Officially enter the show.
They just saw it and really liked it so they gave me the Award.
Then I spent about an hour talking to them about my Vmax.

PS
I posted some more pictures above.
Read the Quote on the last one.
I'm pretty sure that's why they won't park next to me. ;)

I need to print that and frame it. It is so very true

Sent from my SCH-R890 using Tapatalk

Added missing washer to rear axle, switch rear shock around and adjusted them. Changed main air jet to 80 from 90, more issues of bike acting like she wanted to die and backfiring. Guess I will order some 100s and see how she runs. Oh and put new exhaust gaskets in front headers. Planned on riding to the beach today until one of my trees had a branch land on neighbors car, thanks goodness I have a chain saw( think I need to clean it's carbs, always something ) guess I will put the 90s back in for the trip in the late morning. Can't wait to get these carb issues works out on both bikes well 1 will make me happy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Finally had the gas light come on at 115 miles. Filled up with 3.1 gallon. Normally I try to keep the tank full but wanted to make sure everything works. Plus a good excuse for a longer ride.

I dyno'd the bike today, and found out some interesting things. I'm now at 116 hp, and 76 torque. Thats also with losing approx 4 hp due to the heavy RC wheel. I'm gonna go a bit more in depth in the dyno thread.

Attachments

• Dyno 8.8.2015.pdf
    301.9 KB · Views: 15
Took bike out to VA beach. Realized I forgot to tighten up the right front header nuts, crappy exhaust leak for about 45 miles until I got to NorthJax house. Battery on gps died about 5 miles from his house. Note to self, install USB charger. One the good side bike averaged 35 MPG, still need to figure out my 3-4k stumble. I am thinking it rich, very rich. I will pull the plugs and double check. Tramahawk- you should be getting a IM from him. His bike is bogging on top end, not pulling like it should.

Back