What did you do to your Vmax today? Part 2

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What'd I do to my V? Apparently clogged the pilot circuit on the right rear carb (header cold to the touch at op temp while idling). Running on 3 until I'm past 1/4 turn on the happy tube. Gonna check plugs and coil wires, but I'm pretty sure a shotgun to the aforementioned carb is gonna be the prescription. Here's to hopin'!

I hope that does the trick for you so you are ready for the twisties on Saturday.

Did a little riding around, and got everything I need done to be able to mount the amp and speakers to Woona tomorrow. I should make up more playlists on my iPod, that way I'm all set once its all mounted.

Installed a newer R/R provided by Sean...now getting 13.3v at idle and 14.25v at 2500rpm...life is good...for now at least!!!

Put my bike on the scale at work, ive managed to drop it from 603 lbs with full fluids to 570 lbs. More weight will come off as i slowly switch to lighter weight materials for things but im happy so far! Im not a drag racer, just pursuing all avenues for performance gains wherever i can find them. And no, ill not be switching to chain drive, lol. I know it drops a fair bit of weight, but im quite happy not having to mess with a chain, lol.

Put my bike on the scale at work, ive managed to drop it from 603 lbs with full fluids to 570 lbs. More weight will come off as i slowly switch to lighter weight materials for things but im happy so far!
What all have you done to lighten it?

Sent from my SCH-R890 using Tapatalk

Carrs for the rims was the big one. Switch to COPS, full exhaust, aluminium rearsets, no center stand, aftermarket turn signals, led bulbs for gauge illumination (saves ozs and makes me sound crazy, lol), Shorai battery... i know theres stuff im missing... i have added some weight with my belly pan, leds, knee guards and oil pressure gauge but thatll be offset by switching to lightweight scoops and top cover, lol.

Ignored the back and neck pain bullshit, took a light dose of meds and hit the open road for some real therapy-VMAX therapy. It felt good as I cruised behind the fastest cage on the highway. She stalled on me once while idling, which is a piss off. That never happens unless a H.D. rider is right there looking
rofl_200.gif
. The bike did the slow crank thing but fired up and ran well the rest of the 140 mile ride. Still, not exceptable. I think it's time for a new battery. And, the four pole starter is overdue. This battery has been getting lower in the overnight voltage dept. & is 12.5 volt,borderline now.Charging system also will get looked at. I've got a Venture stator if needed.
Steve-o

I hope you don't listen to that awful music while riding... :rofl_200:

Nice job, Dash!:punk:
.....but I gotta agree with dose - that bubblegum has gotta go.
Get yourself some "Nana Mouskori, unplugged". Now THAT will get your juices flowing! So much so, that you won't need all that caffeine!
Cheers!

Nice job, Dash!:punk:
.....but I gotta agree with dose - that bubblegum has gotta go.
Get yourself some "Nana Mouskori, unplugged". Now THAT will get your juices flowing! So much so, that you won't need all that caffeine!
Cheers!

Agree... I use a Sena SMH10R bluetooth communicator in my helmet for tunes and GPS directions, but those speakers hidden behind the shield should sound pretty good even at speed. What's on your bar clamp?

Ignored the back and neck pain bullshit, took a light dose of meds and hit the open road for some real therapy-VMAX therapy. It felt good as I cruised behind the fastest cage on the highway. She stalled on me once while idling, which is a piss off. That never happens unless a H.D. rider is right there looking
rofl_200.gif
. The bike did the slow crank thing but fired up and ran well the rest of the 140 mile ride. Still, not exceptable. I think it's time for a new battery. And, the four pole starter is overdue. This battery has been getting lower in the overnight voltage dept. & is 12.5 volt,borderline now.Charging system also will get looked at. I've got a Venture stator if needed.
Steve-o
That APX12220 (420 CCA) battery you ordered should help as well.
Hopefully the only real problem is a dying battery.

Well, shotgunned the culprit carb- firing well on all four, now... changed plugs, too. Only thing is- now it's popping through the right exhaust at steady throttle. Gonna check and make sure all boots are seated and tight.
Two different bikes pictured... which seating is correct:
image.jpg

Well, shotgunned the culprit carb- firing well on all four, now... changed plugs, too. Only thing is- now it's popping through the right exhaust at steady throttle. Gonna check and make sure all boots are seated and tight.
Two different bikes pictured... which seating is correct:
View attachment 50215
You can see a lip on the carbs....and you can feel where that lip fits into the boots. I've had best luck with after the carbs are out, to open the boots as much as possible...and spray in some wd-40 to help the carbs slide in.

Sent from my SCH-R890 using Tapatalk

Rode down to Durham to hang out with a friend before he heads to Baltimore for the week.

On the way down, had to stop due to rain. Normally, a little rain ain't gonna stop me, but this was friggin Niagara Falls with marble size hail and 60mph+ winds! Eeyup, time to park her and grab come coffee.

On the way home, it was interesting. Pitch black out, and At the end of his driveway, I discover the headlight is WAY out of adjustment. So I adjust, and get on the road. After maybe five miles, I finally find a spot where the shoulder was decent enough for me to park, and re-adjust the headlight. Five miles on a VERY rough road that I am completely unfamiliar with in patchy fog, a headlight that is pointed what seemed like almost straight down, and some assc*nt behind me that wants to plant his dick in one of my mufflers at 45mph...

Other than that, it was a great ride!

Latest posts

Back