What did you do to your Vmax today? Part 2

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I did as little as possible with the bikes. I finished unloading truck and putting everything back in shed. Put the mirrors on both bikes.. Hopefully ride to work tomorrow... I am looking forward to riding that 95 with the holeshot exhausts, vs my megaphone-- guess that UFO exhaust might only be for the race bike or I might try to get another set of the holeshots.. They should too good...lol

I fought with the 86.it starts every time with choke, but won't run without. Also I was getting a nice little flaming pop out the exhaust if I blipped the throttle. That might have been during the peashooter, though. Screws at 2.5 it won't idle without choke. I'll shoot again, but might have to break these down... While I'm packing the house. Entirely not fun.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

What did I do with my bike today... nothing so far. Rain today, so not much will be done with her. Got everything ready for tomorrow. 233 mile trip according to Google maps. Just packing today.

I shot the "Shotgun" on my carbs today and changed the fuel filter. The "Shotgun" got rid of my engine miss! Bike is running great!

Got the Starter clutch back in on Monday only to find out that I have No Spark at any cylinder.
Chased my No Spark issues and email Sean for hi Electronics 911 Kit.
A Big thanks to Ed Demino (aka CustomMax) for the reminder, I didn't even think to ask !!
I just figured I had a good day or 2 of chasing/testing electrical circuits ahead of me.
But Sean's the Man, that will save me a ton of hours and probably some cash too.
I'm So ready to go for a ride, it's killing me, But thanks to Sean (and Eric TruamaHawk, Ed Dimno, CaptainKyle, Ohio Scotty, Stanley Chopper Coar and quite a few others) it won't be long now. :D

Thanks for the Support and Advice everyone.
My Vmax now known as the Phoenix (formerly Thors Hammer) will be back on the road Very soon !

Got the Starter clutch back in on Monday only to find out that I have No Spark at any cylinder.
A Big thanks to Ed Demino (aka CustomMax) for the reminder, I didn't even think to ask !!
I just figured I had a good day or 2 of chasing/testing electrical circuits ahead of me.
But Sean's the Man, that will save me a ton of hours and probably some cash too.
I'm So ready to go for a ride, it's killing me, But thanks to Sean (and Eric TruamaHawk, Ed Dimno, CaptainKyle, Ohio Scotty, Stanley Chopper Coar and quite a few others) it won't be long now. :D

My Vmax now known as the Phoenix (formerly Thors Hammer) will be back on the road Very soon !
Your welcome my friend and I'm anxious to see this bike back on the road. I think that Phoenix is a great name for the bike.

Sent from my SCH-R890 using Tapatalk

I bought a ABA-42H51-10-00 Sports rack from flea bay today for 83 bucks free shipping .
How bad did they fleece me?

I been wanting one every since I got the sissy bar. I know they dont hold much but it's a nice place to strap a six pack on. :biglaugh:

Now for brackets.

I bought a ABA-42H51-10-00 Sports rack from flea bay today for 83 bucks free shipping .
How bad did they fleece me?

I been wanting one every since I got the sissy bar. I know they dont hold much but it's a nice place to strap a six pack on. :biglaugh:

Now for brackets.
That's what they would cost from Yamaha if they still had any, so you did fine.

I'm just anxious to see you get it going too buddy! I Also lost alot of time trying to find my electrical issue but as you know Sean is a super cool guy that is so good to fellow Vmax guys and I'm sure almost anyone he knows that he really is in a class all his own on doing things to help people get up and in the wind again. I've learned quite a bit about these bikes (not nessicarily by choice) but by this point I've been pretty much everywhere through my bike but I'm always glad to help when I can or at least point in the right direction of where to fix anything that needs done. Good luck bro, keep me posted on your progress. Or maybe the big guy upstairs is telling you he didn't want you riding until your a little more healed. Never know..

I'm just anxious to see you get it going too buddy! I Also lost alot of time trying to find my electrical issue but as you know Sean is a super cool guy that is so good to fellow Vmax guys and I'm sure almost anyone he knows that he really is in a class all his own on doing things to help people get up and in the wind again. I've learned quite a bit about these bikes (not nessicarily by choice) but by this point I've been pretty much everywhere through my bike but I'm always glad to help when I can or at least point in the right direction of where to fix anything that needs done. Good luck bro, keep me posted on your progress. Or maybe the big guy upstairs is telling you he didn't want you riding until your a little more healed. Never know..
Agreed and you're right, it very well have been meant for me to wait a bit longer.
And I'm fine with that, I want the bike running at 100% before I take it out for a spin. :D

Last edited:
More fiddling with the windshield. It's almost right on. VERY picky about angle, but I had a nice ride with some clean air around my helmet. Pretty nice, but HOT tonight. I can't wait to ride to Newfoundland.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk
Need pictures!!

Sent from my SM-N910W8 using Tapatalk

Rode it for the 2nd time this year. Had to get a spark plug for the lawn tractor. Was already in the garage and the max looked neglected. The spark plug didn't make the tractor start but it was worth the ride.

I gave up on the tractor and borrowed a push mower. After mowing by hand and then weed wacking in the dark and in the rain I was pretty tired. Ate some dinner then revisited the tractor. Dumb luck made me notice the governor arm wasn't moving at all. Found a spring dangling and hooked it up. It fired right up. Happy and pissed at the same time. I spent all morning splitting the case to free a stuck lifter caused by a rocker arm shaft that came out of the head. Fixed all that. Power washed and painted the deck. Sharpened the blades, etc only to be defeated by a spring.

Guess sometimes you gotta walk away from it before you figure it out.

Back