Looking at replacement bikes....

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

customizedcreationz

Reaction score
So shopping around at other bikes. I have plenty of ideas

1 M109R for a street cruising toy. I like the looks and the big 1800 cc motor. I know its not fast, but honestly I don't care about that, that much anymore. Still have my ZX14. Hyperpete you can chime in anytime on this :)

2 Goldwing.... not quite sure if I am ready for one yet. If I do it will be a cheaper one to test out. I talked to Kyle a little about his.

3 Gen 2 Vmax. I found a 2013 for under $12k...... I don't know if I want a payment yet. I would be taking the money from my accident and getting a small loan or just taking some savings out and buying it. Its just still hard to get around a 80 mile fuel range. This would only be a street cruising toy anyways. LOTS of people here could probably talk me into it.

4 Ducati Monster or Trump Speed Triple. I would look at the older air cooled Monsters like a S4R and the Trump I would look at a 1050i motor ones in 2011 and up. Again just a street basher. I have no one to talk to about these.

A couple whore's I always wanted to sample have me interested, but they are now so old I think I ll just regulate it to I wish I would have got one.

ZRX1200,7-11 GSXR, Bandit 1200, VX800, CX650 Turbo, H2 Widowmaker, RC30.... and the list could go on.

I guess realistically I would probably spend around $6000-8000 on the bike IF I buy another bike. And the Gen 2 would be something I would probably get a small loan on to get.

The 109r I ve found a few around here for under $8000. But the clutch and trans problems those seem to have and the class action law suit that followed, really makes me leery. But TONS of people say they have no problems with theirs. I REALLY like the look of them.

The Goldwing.... I know it would be the ultimate cruising tourer. But both me and my girl love the 14 for that and I have it setup for that.

The Gen 2, already mentioned, 80 mile range.... just sucks. My girl leaves 78 miles away. I can ride my 14 to her house and make almost a trip and a half back and forth before I need fuel. Having to stop for fuel just before I get to her house and then when I get back to mine... that sucks.

The Monster and Speed.... well wheelie fun machines I hear. Lots of hooligan riding ability.

What do you guys say?

I vote Goldwing, i really like having the Venture and the V-max, one to go fast and one to go far and comfy, I think you'll really find yourself liking that, I know they have an old man vibe, (sorry if i'm offending anyone) but you will like it hey they don't sell so many Wing's cause they suck! LOL anyway that's my two cent's good luck finding a new bike i'm sure what ever it is we'll all enjoy watching you hop it up !

So shopping around at other bikes. I have plenty of ideas

1 M109R for a street cruising toy. I like the looks and the big 1800 cc motor. I know its not fast, but honestly I don't care about that, that much anymore. Still have my ZX14. Hyperpete you can chime in anytime on this :)

2 Goldwing.... not quite sure if I am ready for one yet. If I do it will be a cheaper one to test out. I talked to Kyle a little about his.

3 Gen 2 Vmax. I found a 2013 for under $12k...... I don't know if I want a payment yet. I would be taking the money from my accident and getting a small loan or just taking some savings out and buying it. Its just still hard to get around a 80 mile fuel range. This would only be a street cruising toy anyways. LOTS of people here could probably talk me into it.

4 Ducati Monster or Trump Speed Triple. I would look at the older air cooled Monsters like a S4R and the Trump I would look at a 1050i motor ones in 2011 and up. Again just a street basher. I have no one to talk to about these.

A couple whore's I always wanted to sample have me interested, but they are now so old I think I ll just regulate it to I wish I would have got one.

ZRX1200,7-11 GSXR, Bandit 1200, VX800, CX650 Turbo, H2 Widowmaker, RC30.... and the list could go on.

I guess realistically I would probably spend around $6000-8000 on the bike IF I buy another bike. And the Gen 2 would be something I would probably get a small loan on to get.

The 109r I ve found a few around here for under $8000. But the clutch and trans problems those seem to have and the class action law suit that followed, really makes me leery. But TONS of people say they have no problems with theirs. I REALLY like the look of them.

The Goldwing.... I know it would be the ultimate cruising tourer. But both me and my girl love the 14 for that and I have it setup for that.

The Gen 2, already mentioned, 80 mile range.... just sucks. My girl leaves 78 miles away. I can ride my 14 to her house and make almost a trip and a half back and forth before I need fuel. Having to stop for fuel just before I get to her house and then when I get back to mine... that sucks.

The Monster and Speed.... well wheelie fun machines I hear. Lots of hooligan riding ability.

What do you guys say?
Build a custom Venture like Sean did. Have the best of comfort and put a killer engine in.

My brother might ride my dad's goldwing up to thunder with me. Your welcome to take it on one of the rides or take it out one afternoon. I like it alot. Sucks trying to stop it, but where my dad lives has a bunch of hills and sharp turns and I love throwing that thing around

Since you have your 14 already set up for touring, I say go for the Hooligan wheelie/burnout bike!.................:biglaugh:................Tom.

it looks like you are really leaning towards another muscle bike but i think it would be way cool to get something like the Valquero in the same color as your zx14. :punk: now that would be an impressive sight when you walk into the garage! I really like the looks of the m109r also. I don't know much about them but they look cool.
th
th

oh whoops, it didn't register that the zx14 was set up for touring.:bang head: Yea go for the burnout/wheelie machine, something not too expensive so you can afford extra rear tires!

The 14 is so dual purpose.... burnout, wheelie monster, comfortable 1000 mile a day touring bike, 9 second drag strip ( possibly 8 second ) , and gets 200+ miles put of a tank.

I want something that is comfortable and fun..doesn't have to really tour but I would like to get atleast 140 miles out of a tank.

The Ducati S4R line is water cooled I believe, I think the S2R is the air cooled bike.

You seem to prefer the inline 4 Jap. bike, so stay with that, maybe a B-King? Cheap enough, and you can have lots of conversations w/the die-hards on here about it.

images

I thinks I would stay with the Gen 2 as my option, well get it over the others and add the fuel fix. Not looking forward to when my Gen 1 becomes too hard for my body to ride. I could care less about the fuel mileage. If I wanted great mileage I would get a scooter or a small bike...

Insurance and price played a big part in why i went with a B King. The funny thing is Todd don't care much for the B King but it seam's to fit great for what he is looking for. IMO it's a bad ass hooligan bike for the money. But if you want to spend a few thousand more it will open up some cool choice's. But don't forget about the mod monkey money. He will take one to a few thousand dollar's also. You have a chance of a life time to have a choice in buying a nice fresh bike and not owe a'lot of money so enjoy the hunt and take your time.

Insurance and price played a big part in why i went with a B King. The funny thing is Todd don't care much for the B King but it seam's to fit great for what he is looking for. IMO it's a bad ass hooligan bike for the money. But if you want to spend a few thousand more it will open up some cool choice's. But don't forget about the mod monkey money. He will take one to a few thousand dollar's also. You have a chance of a life time to have a choice in buying a nice fresh bike and not owe a'lot of money so enjoy the hunt and take your time.

Triumph rocket?Like the vmax it is unique, fast and a torque monster!On the down side it is heavy..

The gen 2 can get 125 out of a tank on a road trip. 80 miles on a tank if ridden 'correctly'... I was out cruising with the gf today. 100 miles the low fuel light came on.

I have been oogling at the B-king and I just cant see it as a cruiser, more like a ,FZ1/Bandit killer and the styling is...unique. IMHO the new max looks better. What about a Rocket III, plenty of torque and well balanced. If I were to choose a naked bike I might go with a Speed Tripple and turbo it with the savings, Its a cramped ride but so much fun as a hooligan bike, light, flickable and the tripple responds VERY well to turbo. That ZX14R or Connie look like very sweet rides, maybe an 883... MWAHAHA, seriously so many great choices, I envy your position. Goodluck with the search.

Back